Intuitive Surgical Careers
Director, Vision New Product Introduction
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183373
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The Intuitive Surgical Vision team is looking for an experienced leader to join its New Product Introduction team who will enhance the existing capabilities of the organization and help in setting the strategic direction of the NPI team. The ideal candidate must have a strong track record of leading multi-disciplinary, diverse engineering teams. This individual must have demonstrated the ability to bridge across multiple functions within the organization including engineering, manufacturing, service, planning and product support, as well as possess experience identifying, bringing up, and supporting manufacturing vendors.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead a large multi-level engineering team responsible for hardware and software development, manufacturing process development and electronics packaging
• Set direction and priority of activities for timely execution of projects supporting new vision products, as well as optimizing manufacturability, capacity, and cost of endoscopes and vision systems.
• Guide the organization in setting strategic direction for manufacturing methodologies, including the development of test and calibration systems for production of vision products to ensure adequate support of manufacturing operations
• Plan and oversee resource and budget planning for the NPI organization, reviewing and approving capital budgets.
• Oversee and ensure timely and proper qualification and implementation of new manufacturing processes and equipment within Intuitive’s regulated environment.
• Own technical interactions with manufacturing vendors and identification of new partners, and guide the organization in technical support of manufacturing processes at vendors
• Minimum ten (10) years of Sr. management experience leading large technical teams
• Advanced degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
• Adept at people management and mentoring of senior level employees
• Demonstrated experience in electronics product development and translation of products from engineering into volume manufacturing
• Background in medium to high volume manufacturing of complex products
• Proven track record of working with diverse, interdisciplinary teams and of achieving challenging goals
• Strong communication skills to interface with manufacturing, product development and outside vendor organizations
• Experience in medical / regulated industry is preferred
• Ability to travel: 10%
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.