Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior SQL DBA
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183206
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This position reports to Senior Manager, IT, and will be responsible for providing Database Architecture and Administration support to Business Applications and other IT projects. Overall responsibilities include administration of SQL Database systems, Oracle Databases, MySQL, PostgressSQL database, replication tools, reporting tools and establishing standardized process for overall application maintenance. This position plays a pivotal role in the architecture, delivery and support of enterprise solutions delivered through Business Application and Infrastructure teams. Act as a liaison between project team and various support functions within shared services and corporate business functions. Ensure correct technical procedure and architecture documentation for all Database platforms; Aid incident management team with root cause investigations.
The primary responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Day to day Production support of MS SQL Databases
• Day to day Production support of Oracle Databases, MySQL and PostgreSQL
• Perform Installs, System refreshes, Upgrades and Validation of Database systems.
• Assist in the development, maintenance, execution and communication of all processes related to Technology services including, but not limited to, platform improvements, preventative maintenance, and capacity planning.
• Providing the technical perspective on the requirements and Best Practices.
• Establish, monitor, distribute and escalate application system performance and utilization reports.
• Facilitate clear communication within group, others in IT, the Management teams and Project leads.
• Raise issues appropriately with management team, providing options to resolve issues. Perform system wide technical reviews and facilitate forward thinking in the team.
• Perform quality assurance checks on Database installations and configuration.
• Design and perform backup and disaster recovery plans
• Design and implement High Availability as per the IT requirements.
• Developing shell scripts and SQL scripts as per the demand.
• 10+ years working experience in supporting MS SQL Database systems
• 3+ years hand-on experience with the Administration of Oracle database and MySQL.
• 15+ years working experience in Information Technology
• Strong technical database knowledge with hands on & architectural experience (SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL etc.)
• Good understanding on Database security, application interface and user management.
• Experience in debugging and tracing SQL performance issues
• Experience working with reporting tools - Tableau and Business Objects preferred
• Data Replication/Migration experience using ETL/SSIS/SSRS
• Sound knowledge of designing scale-out and scale-up configurations and infrastructure capabilities.
• Good understanding Physical and Virtual (VMware) infrastructure.
• Proficiency using SQL and shell scripting.
• Strong knowledge of Windows server and Linux administration is a must
• Experience in Database installations, upgrades and patching activities.
• Experience in designing and setting up Database HA/DR.
• Experience in configuring and optimizing the performance of Databases.
• Experience in cloud architecture and security aspects
• Administering databases in Azure and AWS cloud platform
• Expertise in SQL server clustering, AlwaysOn replication
• Working knowledge on configuring monitoring tools – SolarWinds/EG Monitoring
• Possess a strong business and customer/client focus.
• Ability to interact and influence variety of users and senior management
• Willing to work flexible hours
• Ability to grasp new concepts/ technology quickly and efficiently.
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Experience with deep understanding of IT Applications and Technology
• Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
• Candidate should be able to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
• Very strong collaboration, negotiation, and influence capability required
• BS degree
• MCDBA, MCTS certification.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.