Intuitive Surgical Careers
Director, Stock Administration
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183197
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive is looking for a Director, Stock Administration to lead our equity administration team and payroll team. This role, which will be located at our Sunnyvale, CA headquarters, will be responsible for establishing and communicating the direction and long-term goals for administration of our employee equity programs and partner with key stakeholders in our Finance, Accounting, Legal and HR teams, working under the Treasurer. Overall responsibility of stock administration and oversight of Payroll, Board and Executive Management communication, providing goals and outlook for the team and designing/documenting the process and controls to help our company scale are the main responsibilities of this role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and support the administration of all aspects of our global equity programs.
- Create an inspiring team environment, set clear team goals and measure and report on metrics.
- Continuously develop the equity administration function including identifying process improvements, enhance reporting, implementing/enhancing automated solutions and evaluating service providers.
- Manage all equity related Board and executive communications and prepare equity-related exhibits for the Board and Compensation Committee.
- Coordinate with executives with the development of their 10b5-1 plans and oversee the execution by the trading plan brokers.
- Assist with the Company’s Proxy filing and other statutory filings
- Remain current on regulatory developments and changes for equity plan administration
- Oversee the timely processing of new equity awards, exercises, terminations and releases on for all employees and other equity holders.
- Coordinate with HR and Compensation on the impact of equity plan design and equity compensation practices on external shareholder metrics such as burn rate, overhang and SVT.
- Develop and manage process and framework to provide stock based compensation expense and outstanding shares forecasts
- Coordinate with HR/Compensation to provide periodic updates to management on equity usage against approved guidelines.
- Prepare management reporting to the Compensations Committee.
- Work with internal and external auditors and finance team for quarterly reviews and year-end audits.
- Design a scalable and global platform for employee training on the company’s equity programs
- Ensure reconciliations are performed timely between Stock Administration, Finance, HR, payroll, transfer agent, etc.
- Oversee global reporting and compliance processes including timely tax withholding and payroll reporting, annual reporting required by tax authorities and year-end tax statements.
- Work closely with outside service providers such as equity systems vendor, transfer agent, broker service providers and external payroll provider.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting and CPA is a plus.
- 12+ years in stock plan administration, with experience at a public company.
- Certified Equity Professional certification preferred
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP stock based compensation accounting
- Experience managing and administering Equity Edge Online or other equivalent stock administration platform along with strong excel abilities.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with a commitment to quality, accuracy and details
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization including senior management and Board of Directors
- Experience with International equity considerations - employee mobility, tax, reporting and compliance
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.