Intuitive Surgical Careers
Network Operation Service Center Manager
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-US-GA-Norcross
Requisition ID: 183053
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Assist in building out a global 24 x 7 network operation service support center with direct over sight of the network support operations teams. Work closely with senior management across the organization to align and implement programs with corporate initiatives. Such activities could include working with our Global Customers to gain a solid understanding of their network/cybersecurity requirements to allow the networking our products and or network services, support sales and field service activities as subject matter expert to discuss/answer IT network design, data or security questions, provide networking/security design requirements for sustaining and new product development, work closely with the cybersecurity team to ensure our policies align with customer expectation and work closely with legal, contracting department to support executing sales/service, information or data agreements and managing an application development team ensuring development activities align with new business initiatives and follow design/development best practices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Possess the necessary leadership skills to effectively manage a highly functioning remote team of network operation tier 1, 2 and 3 support staff
• Support 24x7 network service call/support center
• Familiar with cybersecurity best practices and ability to maintain a vigilance in monitoring cyber threats and vulnerabilities relative to our product exposures
• Ensure product networking and data services development initiatives are aligned with customer requirements and federal/state mandates
• Provide guidance to the global communication/marketing teams with respect to data and networking or cybersecurity messaging/communications
• Drive creating necessary networking/data or cybersecurity product support documentation
• Effectively communicate our network design, network services and cyber controls to hospital IT and C level administrators
• Work closely with various engineering/support teams to provide requirements and drive enhancements to our products network features/services and capabilities.
• Able to effectively understand and provide feedback in customer’s contracts or legal agreements relative to our products networking, cybersecurity, development designs and data flow
• Work closely with our internal regulatory bodies to insure remote access security policies are functional, effective and are in accordance with FDA, HIPPA, and other appropriate outside US regulatory compliances.
• Solid understanding of our on daVinci® products and Intuitive Surgical’ s policies, processes and procedures.
• Create and maintain procedural documentation; such standard or department operating procedures and department work instructions.
• Drive key matrices to support corporate/departmental goals.
• Support ad-hoc projects as assigned by management.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; or 10+ years equivalent experience acceptable with 6 + years’ experience working in network support center environment, preferably in the medical device industry. CCNA, Global Information Assurance, Information Systems Audit and Control Association, CompTIA Security+, Certified Information Security Manager, and CISSP certifications are desirable.
Ideally, the Candidate must have skills in managing a remote team and medium to large projects in a complex, cross functional and global environment:
• Understand various aspects of cybersecurity and network vulnerabilities
• Ability to work with cross functional groups to drive strategic changes or directives, developing policies and monitoring FDA / legal compliance
• Familiar with networking Medical devices and FDA, NIST, HyTrust, ISO 27001, GDPR networking guidance’s
• In-depth knowledge of core IT technologies and processes (e.g., network systems, operating systems, databases, access controls, change control processes, application and system development, IT operations, incident response, monitoring, and asset management)
• Ability to manage a highly effective network support
• Knowledge of network operations, configuration and troubleshooting TCP/IP, HTTPS, Router skills, VLANs, VPN technology, Firewall skills and NAT/PAT address translation.
• Familiar with Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Azure cloud or similar framework
• Familiar with PKI (public key infrastructure) and some experience in supporting the technology
• Familiar with 802.11 technologies and some experience in supporting the technology
• Experience with IT audit/assessment/certifications: SOX, FDA, ISO 27K, NIST, HyTrust, etc
• Ability to handle a wide variety of demanding and complex issues.
• Learn quickly, self-manage workload and handle rapidly changing priorities effectively as a part of a team. Thoroughness in completing tasks is imperative.
• Capable of working within a Global Support Team and providing support wide range of time zones.
• Great Customer facing skills with the ability to discuss issues with a wide range of audiences (From tactical technical resources to CTOs/CIOs)
• Must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills to communicate with a Global audience.
• Travel and flexible work schedule required
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.