Intuitive Surgical Careers
Material Handler 2
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Phoenix
Requisition ID: 182939
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Material Handler 2 is a Regular Full Time position responsible for material-handling duties in support of Production operations, both Sustaining and NPI, and other internal customers. To be eligible, a Material Handler must be in good standing (attendance, quality, behavior) and certified to and proficient in a minimum of 2 key tasks from the following: receiving (tote and bulk); parts put-away (tote and bulk); point-of-use parts replenishment (Route Runner); material transfers (MT); stock transfer orders (STO); single parts presentation kitting (SPP); systems packing (all carts); Mexico deliveries.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
Following training and certification(s), this position has responsibility and authority for:
• Receiving materials, physically and systemically, to be used in production operations and engineering projects.
• Physically and systemically moving approved Production materials from IQC staging areas into SMKT storage locations.
• Point-of-use parts replenishment for designated production lines.
• Production parts replenishment via SPP kitting.
• Fulfilling and transacting MT requests, received either electronically or via hard copy.
• Fulfilling and transacting Sales Orders.
• Packing System carts, FRUs and kits.
• Performing systemic transactions in both SAP and ISI’s Warehouse Management System (WMS).
• Complying with materials management policies and processes, including First In/ First Out (FIFO) material rotation, 5-S, Safety, Quality, and Good Warehousing/Housekeeping processes.
• Participating in the daily cycle counts.
• Operating material handling equipment (fork lift, pallet jack, order-picking machine).
• Communicating via e-mail the status of material movements and transactions to appropriate internal customers.
Secondary Roles and Responsibilities:
• Participate in the implementation of department projects up to and including leading a project team.
• Actively participate in the Continuous Improvement (CI) program, including both the creation and implementation of CIs.
• Under the guidance of department trainers or designated trainers, assist in the hands-on training of new personnel or personnel being cross-trained.
Competency Requirements: (competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
• Possess high school degree or equivalent.
• 3-years of experience in Material Handling operations preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate with peers and internal customers, both verbally and written.
• Inventory control experience (cycle counting, physical inventories) preferred.
• Experience and/or certification in operating material-handling equipment preferred.
• Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
• Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders) is required.
• Experience with computer systems (MS Office, SAP, Agile, WMS) preferred.
• Certified and proficient in 2 key material-handling tasks.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.