Intuitive Surgical Careers
Service Planning Intern
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-US-MS-Southaven
Requisition ID: 182792
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled in a degree-seeking program with an accredited university or enrolled in an upcoming program in the fall.
Primary Function of Position:
Intern will work with Service, RMA Operations, Re-Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Marketing, Quality, Product Support and Engineering teams to fully understand demand and supply needs. The intern will be exposed to scheduling processes as well as how production, material and capacity planning is developed. They will also develop understanding of regulatory and quality requirements related to products and processes. There may be specific projects required during the internship.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Applying knowledge of concepts and principles of planning to develop solutions to a variety of problems, particularly with demand, manufacturing capacity and supply constraints. The projects could include:
• Analyze material demand history.• Identifying Deployment recommendations, repair operation planning and material forecasting.• Create and define metrics for Material Forecast Accuracy• Perform Gap analysis – performance metrics – analytics• Shop floor tracking – Storage location simplification• SMI program management• Creating reason codes for shortages and tracking. Developing Pareto analysis on shortages• Evaluate and develop a documented process for salvaging material from discontinued product platforms
• Intermediate MS Office skills; Excel/Word and Outlook
• Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or a related field
• Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills
• Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and work independently
Learning Outcomes may include:
• Link academic theory to practice
• How to analyze departmental metrics and key performance indicators, (KPI) to drive process efficiency
• Understand the Master Production Schedule and Service planning processes
• Understand Supply Chain Management
• Understand Material Forecast process and how demand is generated
• Exposure to Engineering Change, setting effectivity and implementation
• Developing Presentations using Visio, Power Point and Excel
• Exposure to SAP, Agile PLM and Service Parts Planning, (SPP) business systems
• Exposure to Enterprise Data Warehouse, (EDW) and Tableau and other analytical tools
• General Business Unit overview, interdepartmental communication and each group’s roles and responsibilities related to the business unit and organization.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.