Intuitive Surgical Careers
Manufacturing Engineer, New Product Introduction
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182791
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute your technical engineering, manufacturing and equipment design skills to a dynamic development team creating precision instruments & electrosurgical equipment for minimally invasive robotic surgery. The role requires active participation in new product development teams that create and refine electronic systems, process documentation, tooling and test methods while challenging the new product designs to improve manufacturability, reliability, and cost.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Create, maintain and improve pilot “mid-volume” electronic manufacturing assembly line.
• Specify and/or refine BOMs, work flow processes, manufacturing plans and detailed work instructions.
• Provide product and process DFx (Manufacturing, Assembly) input to enhance manufacturability of electronic systems
• Develop and/or review manufacturing test specifications/procedures for final test of PCBs and final product.
• Design, document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve fixtures, tools and equipment.
• Analyze risk in manufacturing processes(PFMEA) to incorporate and validate critical tests required.
• Responsible for the validation and qualification of manufacturing equipment and processes leveraging standard qualification approaches (IQ/OQ/DQ/PQ).
• Responsible for establishing and qualifying manufacturing at contact manufactures.
• Provide production support through successful and sustained project launch.
• Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction.
• Provides technical support analyzing and /or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
• BS/MS degree in applicable Engineering discipline. Preferred background in electronic hardware engineering
• Minimum 4 years of experience in a related field.
• Fundamental understanding of modern electronics manufacturing processes, flexible and printed circuit board technologies, component selection, test and inspection methodologies.
• “Self-starter” attitude and comfort in a hands-on environment, where he/she can demonstrate an ability to work with other engineers to influence product design to improve reliability.
• Troubleshooting mind set - an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into subparts to identify failures and troubleshoot to component level.
• Excellent documentation skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing across all levels of the organization.
• Experience in an ISO 13485, ISO 9001, or medical device manufacturing environment a plus.
• Experience with documentation and production control systems in Agile & SAP a plus.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.