Intuitive Surgical Careers
Health Economics and Outcomes Research Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182775
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled and returning to an academic program in the fall in an accredited degree-seeking program.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking a summer intern to support data analysis in the Health Economics and Outcomes Research Team, Department of HEOR & Market Access at Intuitive Surgical. The successful candidate will provide analytical and consultative support to the other members of the team, the department and colleagues from other departments. The candidate will work on developing the analytics templates based on requests on specific procedures, delivering the analytics reports and interpreting the results/findings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work and coordinate with analytic projects with healthcare large databases: including but not limited to hospital discharge data, claim data, national registry data;• Develop the procedure templates according to request;• Deliver the analysis reports;• Present and interpret results and findings;• Fine-tune the analytics according to the feedbacks
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Working towards a PhD or Master’s degree in health economics, epidemiology, statistics or related field.
• Outstanding ability to communicate technical information to both non-technical audiences; keen business acumen in understanding the needs from customers.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively. May work extended or non-standard hours based on project needs and deadlines.
• Strong skills in data analytics, has project experience of working in a collaborative team/environment
• Proficient in SAS, SQL, R and/or STATA
• Strong skills in graphic interfaces. Some experience handling real world healthcare databases (e.g., insurance claims, electronic medical records, patient discharge data) and knowledge of propensity score matching is desirable.
• Two or more years of experience in statistical programming• Record of publications in health economics, health services research, epidemiology or clinical journals
• Comprehension of healthcare databases and healthcare economic and outcome research
• Analytic experience of large databases; statistical programming experience
• Gain trouble shooting skills
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.