Intuitive Surgical Careers
Vision NPI Manufacturing Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182338
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute your technical manufacturing skills to a dynamic development team creating vision systems for minimally invasive robotic surgery. This position will focus on meeting manufacturing operations and product safety, reliability, and performance goals for the several vision systems. Individuals in this role must demonstrate mechanical design capabilities, and be able to work with suppliers to develop state of the art processes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority to:
• Take responsibility for manufacturing and test development of camera systems processes.• Maintain and improve efficient “mid-volume’ manufacturing processes including:
o Specify, document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve fixtures, hand tools and equipment.o Line set-up and line balancingo Determine and incorporate critical feature inspection and test checkpoints into process.o Qualify new processes and new suppliers to deliver new and innovative products
• Improve process and procedures to improve quality and yield of new products.• Design of experiments to dial in processes at the optimum.• Develop and maintain compliance with the quality system.• Provide design engineers with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Reliability input to ensure consistency/commonality among hardware and standard part selections across product/sub-assembly lines.
• BS required, MS preferred.
• Minimum 2 years mechanical, engineering experience
• New product introduction/development desirable.
• Great attitude, eager, willing/able to take initiative, works well with others in team environment.
• Experienced in ISO 9001, or medical device manufacturing environment.
• Documentation skill must be excellent. CAD experience preferred (Solidworks).
• Use of Agile or similar lifecycle management tool.
• Experience with MATLAB, or SQL for data mining.