Intuitive Surgical Careers
Systems NPI Manufacturing Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181925
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The NPI Manufacturing Engineer designs, documents and validates manufacturing content to enable complex tools and processes associated with the manufacture of surgical robotic products. A strong candidate will leverage their technical experience and energy to develop and enhance ISI products by improving efficacy, reliability, serviceability, manufacturability and cost through early engagement with NPD and Continuous Improvement throughout the life of the product.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design, fabrication, and implementation of test fixtures, tools and aids including the authoring and execution of Verification and Validation Protocols (IQ/OQ/PQ/DQ and PPQ) while adhering to 21 CFR 820 and ISO 14385 guidelinesQualifications
• Assembly and test of prototype and production electro-mechanical assemblies with an emphasis on providing Design for Manufacturability (DFM) feedback
• Assist in troubleshooting diagnostics, repair, identification/implementation of DFM issues
• Creation and revision of production manufacturing work instructions (BOM, Traveler, MPI, Test Procedures and mechanical drawings)
• Drive closure of Quality Notifications and Variances through MRB (Material Review Board) and Quality Engineering
• Bachelor’s minimum in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Mechatronics Engineering (or other applicable field of study)
• Proficient in SolidWorks or equivalent
• Skilled in using MatLab, Sworks EPDM, Agile PLM, Apriso MES, and SAP is highly desirable
• Machine shop, fabrication and production line assembly experience
• Demonstrated ability to successfully work on multiple projects at once
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Experience working in a Medical Device Mfg (or other highly regulated environments) a plus
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.