Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Communications Writer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181583
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re building a world-class Employee Communications & Engagement team that brings forward-thinking ideas and solutions to the way our employees connect with our company, our leaders and each other. Our ideal teammate would be a great collaborator that is passionate about bringing Intuitive’s story to life — and is ready to have some fun along the way.
If you’re a brilliant storyteller, thoughtful strategist and, most importantly, team player, then you get us. Let’s build something great together.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position will:
• Develop executive communications such as scripts, emails and presentations to elevate leadership voices and reinforce company messaging internally• Act as a client service consultant on communication and change management plans to achieve functional objectives• Draft and edit content for a variety of internal employee channels such as articles for our intranet• Serve as a contributor to other communications programs and events
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
• 8+ years of writing/editing or related communications work experience
• Super detailed oriented, familiar with AP style
• Demonstrated ability to develop communications and engagement plans
• Ability to synthesize and articulate complex concepts quickly to a variety of audiences
• Understanding of the requirements for communicating in a highly regulated industry
• Strong interpersonal skills with highly collaborative approach
• Creativity and excellent strategic-thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay calm under pressure
• Expert-level skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism preferred
• Background in medical device/health care industry strongly preferred
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.