Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manager IT Quality Assurance and Release Management
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181574
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of this Position:
The Senior Manager of IT Quality Assurance (QA) is responsible for all quality assurance operations, compliance, and quality control (QC) activities. The role is responsible for providing strategic leadership, governance and demand management for all aspects of Information Technology Quality Assurance, Testing and Release Management. The position reports to the Director of IT.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility for:
• Establishes the strategic plan, processes/procedures and policies for the IT QA group in alignment with company policies and goalsQualifications
• Creates, articulates and delivers the vision, strategy and business value of IT QA and Release Management and best practices to mitigate risk during technology implementations into our production environment
• Works closely with regulatory affairs and senior management to establish processes and systems that support collaboration and compliance
• Defines and implements multi-year QA and Release Management technology roadmaps supported by annual business and financial goals
• Overall ownership and oversight of standard, performance, regression and automation testing and release tools, test data and test environment management
• Implements enterprise wide QA metrics to drive an increase and improvement in test automation and quality while decreasing defects in our production environment
• Works to automate QA processes where possible to increase operational efficiency
• Leads the Information Technology QA team to work closely across other functional teams –Business Applications and Infrastructure (Data Center, Network, and Security), and Project Managers as required to define, specify, document, implement and validate a project as it moves through the full project development lifecycle.
• Partners with IT and business stakeholders to define, prioritize and execute test strategies, test plans for technology projects and enhancements to ensure successful delivery of business capabilities
• Ensures the Release Management strategy and plans are fully integrated with IT governance, Project lifecycle checkpoints.
• Lead IT engagement for QA and Release Management requirements across technology and business stakeholders
• Excel in development and execution of QA, Test strategies, automation, regression test beds, test data, landscape test environments and enforce appropriate governance, industry best practices in QA techniques, tools and resource allocation across a complex application environment and global technology project portfolio
• Build, lead and motivate a high functioning team of internal employees and vendor resources to deliver QA and Release Management with improved employee experience
Competency is based on education, training, skills and experience. In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
• Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations
• Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept the risks that are required to lead change
• Able to foster and build a collaborative working relationship with various stakeholders
• Deep experience in QA, testing and release management strategies, tools, process and technologies.
• At least 10 years of experience in Quality Assurance, Test Management, Release Management including responsibility and ownership for IT delivery and project teams .
• Experience with IT compliance, risk and SOX requirements.
• Experience in Life Sciences Industry (Medical Devices) preferable but not mandatory
• Project Management Expertise: Must have experience leading systems implementations to a successful conclusion. Must have clear understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile project and business process management methodologies and tools.
• Working knowledge of risk management, standards, and policies formulation
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills: The ability to utilize both quantifiable and qualitative information to quickly draw conclusions.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Master’s degree preferred
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.