Students and University careers
An internship with impact
Your college internship should challenge you to move beyond your comfort zone. And it should reward you with learnings and experience that launch you into an amazing career—at Intuitive or anywhere else. That’s what we offer: An internship program where you’ll work on meaningful projects with the innovators at the leading edge of minimally invasive robotic surgery.
At the center of the action
Our interns and co-ops are an essential part of our community. In the 10-12 weeks you spend with us, you’ll take on impactful and technical projects designed by our managers and connected to Intuitive’s larger goals. In your time here, you’ll also participate in social and networking engagements, including with our Employee Resource Groups, and professional development opportunities. You’ll have a role in the mission we’re all working toward: We believe minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care.
Jump-start your career
We also offer a full-time rotational program in finance and a newly developed RISE (Rotations at Intuitive Science and Engineering) program, allowing students the unique opportunity to immerse themselves in several key areas of focus that will jump-start their career with us.
Bring your curiosity and your confidence
We put our heart and soul into creating a best-in-class internship program, but your experience here will certainly be what you make it. You should arrive full of curiosity and questions—our team members are eager to answer them—and be confident in what you bring to the opportunities and challenges you’ll face.
We’re excited for you to prove what’s possible
We Are Intuitive
You + Intuitive
Our culture defines us
Every one of us is mission-driven, patient-focused, and goal-orientated. At the same time, we bring our diverse perspectives together to be part of something truly outstanding, and to make a difference in the lives of millions.Our culture
Frequently asked questions
See all frequently asked questions here
We have a wide variety of internship and co-op opportunities at varying levels within engineering, design, research, IT, human resources, finance and marketing.
Some processes vary by job level, but generally, you can expect the following process.
- Apply - Search available positions and once you’ve identified a match, submit your completed application online.
- Evaluate - Once you’ve applied, you will be screened for the basic qualifications.
- Phone Interview - The Hiring Manager reviews applicants and reaches out directly to students to conduct a phone interview
- Zoom Interview - If you advance to the next round; an official interview will be scheduled with you and others from the hiring team.
- Offer - The most qualified candidate will be selected and a job offer will be extended. You will be asked to complete a background check prior to your start date.
Mid-late May or mid-June