Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated and team-focused, summer intern to support data analysis in the Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research Team, Department of Global Access, Value & Economics at Intuitive Surgical. The candidate will learn and perform exploratory and scientific analyses using large real-world datasets, deliver analytics reports and interpret the results/findings. The successful candidate will provide analytical and consultative support to the other members of the team, the department and colleagues from other organizations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work and coordinate with analytic projects with large healthcare databases: including but not limited to hospital discharge data, claim data, registry data;
- Conduct systematic literature reviews;
- Develop the procedure templates according to requests;
- Deliver analysis reports;
- Present and interpret results and generate insights
- Fine-tune the analytics according to the feedback
University Hiring Program Eligibility Requirements:
- University Enrollment: Must be currently enrolled in and returning to an accredited degree-seeking academic program in the Fall.
- Internship Work Period: Must be available to work full-time (approximately 40 hours per week) during a 10-12 week period starting May or June. Specific start dates are shared during the recruiting process.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Current enrollment in a health outcomes/services research, epidemiology, biostatistics, data science, or health related field degree-seeking program at the Master’s, or Doctorate level
- Outstanding ability to communicate technical information to both non-technical audiences; keen business acumen in understanding the needs from customers.
- Strong skills in data analytics, has project experience of working in a collaborative team/environment
- Proficient in R and other analytical tools
- Strong skills in graphic interfaces. Some experience handling real world healthcare databases (e.g., insurance claims, electronic medical records, patient discharge data, registry) and knowledge of cohort balancing techniques desirable
- Ability to work collaboratively with various multi-disciplinary teams
- Two or more years of experience in statistical programming and conducting RWE studies using large healthcare database
- Record of publications in health economics, health services research, epidemiology or clinical journals
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay (paid at an hourly rate), benefits, and a housing allowance. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including relevant skills and experience for this internship, degree-seeking academic program (PhD, Master’s, Bachelor’s, etc), year in school, and location. The hourly rate is prorated against the intern program salaries listed and total program compensation will be based on internship duration.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $106,700 USD - $120,100 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $90,700 USD - $102,100 USD
Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.