Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Here is an outstanding product leadership opportunity to drive Advanced Instrumentation products from concept to launch for the most sophisticated single-incision surgical platform in the world: the da Vinci SP Surgical System.
In this role, you will own high-impact, forward-looking Advanced Instrumentation and technology projects which will elevate the capabilities of the SP Platform. You will ideate, develop, and launch products that enhance the clinical value of the SP platform while balancing operational and economic constraints. You will be working capturing voice of customer feedback to funnel back to the Engineering and Design teams and translate research-based insights into prioritized user needs. You will execute complex programs by interfacing with cross-functional teams such as Mechanical Engineering, Product Design (Interaction Design, Human Factors, and Industrial Design), Clinical Development Engineering, and Advanced Product Development to create user-need-centric product roadmaps and solutions that address identified customer pain points. You will work with cross-functional business partners, including Marketing and Sales, to create the appropriate business narrative including pricing, financial modeling, forecasting, claims development, and ultimately the global go-to-market plan. You will manage trade-offs and prepare the product for commercial launch and its subsequent success. Your ability to influence a cross-functional team will be a key metric for success; effective communication and coordination is central to this role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Own Product Strategy and roadmap planning
- Maintain the product portfolio in assigned product categories by working with cross-functional stakeholders to strategically support the business goals of the company. Communicate the short-term and long-range product objectives to business partners, ensuring alignment across stakeholders.
- Develop business cases and get buy-in for new products and features by working with customers and key internal teams. Develop forecasts and other business analyses, including competitive assessments, to facilitate sound, data-driven decision-making.
Focus on execution
- Lead projects through the design process, develop market and product requirements, facilitate tradeoff discussions with design teams, and make sound decisions while considering the needs of customers and the business.
- Ensure successful product launches by defining product claims and pillars, partnering with cross-functional teams (e.g., regulatory, clinical, and regional marketing) to create an agreed-upon go-to-market strategy backed by consensus-driven metrics for success.
Develop and refine insights
- Conduct market research to understand customer needs, preferences, and industry trends. Use this information to inform product decisions and strategies.
- Identify, define, and refine requirements deeply connected with prioritized user needs.
- Own the customer/user insights collection and aggregation in collaboration with internal and external partners.
Excel in stakeholder engagement and communication
- Be creative about marshaling resources to complete objectives (including filling in when no one else can) and provide clarity on product direction, driving progress in the face of ambiguity.
- Communicate clearly and concisely over a wide variety of communication channels.
Focus on product improvement
- Leverage data analytics to gather information on user behavior, product usage, and performance metrics.
- Apply a deep understanding of products to make quantitative and qualitative measurements.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in a relevant field required, MBA or advanced degree is desirable.
- Excellent teamwork skills with a proven ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure product success combined with an ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. This includes the ability to work well in bridging communication between engineering, design, marketing, sales, and customers.
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to dive deep into user needs and technical design constraints.
- Track record of driving cross-functional teams toward sound decision-making.
- Highly passionate about design details, delivering clinical value, and building a delightful user experience.
- Develop strong commercial and KOL partnerships to drive and validate product requirements and valuable functionality.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an Engineer or designer, or 3 years of experience as a Product Manager with a history of defining, developing, and launching excellent products in the medical device space.
- Clinical acumen and/or prior clinical knowledge in surgery is highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of advanced instruments and/or minimally invasive surgery market is preferred.
- Experience managing technical product requirements is preferred.
- Ability to work in surgical labs and operating rooms is required.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $164,000 USD - $236,000 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $139,400 USD - $200,600 USD
Travel: 25% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.