Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The mission of Supplier Engineering is to bring top quality components to our production lines by building a world-class supplier network that can ensure continuity of supply, growth to support our demand, achieve yearly cost reductions, and mitigate supply chain risks.
The ideal candidate will apply their broad and deep hands-on experience in manufacturing and design of electronics components, complex electronic assemblies and systems, and to execute strategic projects, optimize commodities and individual suppliers that support Multiport DaVinci Systems for both on-going sustaining and new product introduction efforts.
Roles And Responsibilities
This position has the responsibility and authority to:
- Work closely with our suppliers, Intuitive design, manufacturing, and project teams to launch new products; implement performance, quality, capacity, and cost improvements
- Own new products during pilot production phase through successful and sustained project launch
- Establish milestones and success criteria for responsible projects within Intuitive and at our suppliers. Drive decisions and escalate key issues quickly maintaining stakeholder alignment.
- Select the right process and suppliers for the part, considering long term fit and total cost of ownership
- Develop suppliers to excel in all KPIs including Supplier owned quality, capacity, and sub-tier management.
- Empower suppliers to own completion of part qualification deliverables: pFMEA, Special process validations, FAI and Cpk studies, DFx, Operational metrics, capacity and cost analysis.
- Own and drive to closure supplier variances from symptom through root cause analysis to corrective action, including succinct CAPA/SCAR documentation
- Provide technical support for failure analysis of discrepant production components, assemblies, and field returns. Lead investigations where appropriate.
- Lead/participate in continuous improvement initiatives focused on material cost reduction, capacity enhancement, streamlining of supply chain, and commodity strategy.
- Clearly communicate project status to key stakeholders
- Understand proper level of documentation detail for tracking of actions and justification of decisions
- Generate key metrics for the team and suppliers, and continually drive for timely achievement of those metrics.
To adequately perform the responsibilities of this position, the individual must possess:
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in electronics or electro-mechanics, advanced degree preferred
- A minimum 2+ years of experience in design engineering, manufacturing engineering, process engineering, or related field in electronics or electro-mechanics
- Experienced in taking electronics devices or products from development to production stages and has worked directly with electronics manufacturing service (EMS) contract manufacturers and component suppliers
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in electronics manufacturing technologies such as surface mount technology (SMT), automated optical inspection (AOI), in-circuit testing (ICT), functional testing (FUT), cable assemblies etc.
- Proven ability to interpret detailed drawings and execute tolerance stack-ups for assemblies and part level
- Strong technical skills, involving problem solving, issue root causing and driving corrective actions to closure
- Solid understanding of best practices in Project management, Agile, Six Sigma, Lean, Statistical process control etc. is highly desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
- Medical Device, Automotive, or Aerospace experience is a plus
- Ability to travel to suppliers (domestic and international) as needed: 25%
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $118,100 USD - $169,900 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $100,400 USD - $144,400 USD
Travel: 25% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.