At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
As the Manager, FM Operations & Services you will be responsible for managing the operations and services of facilities; Repairs, Maintenance, Services (Janitorial, Front desk, Mailroom, Building Ambassadors, Office Supplies, Event Support & Move, Adds, Changes (MAC), Corporate Food Services, Transportation) impacting the overall employee experience). This role will engage with cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and develop programs, policies, and processes that align to the company’s culture and enhance the employee experience. The Manager, FM Operations & Services will also oversee the day-to-day operations of our workspace and ensure that it is a welcoming and functional environment for our employees. You will be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative peer environment.
The Manager of FM Operations Services will provide facilities service level support primarily to the German country offices including Freiberg and Biebertal, and also support additional locations in Aubonne Switzerland, Parvomay Bulgaria, UK and other European locations.
This role will manage outside vendors, including the integrated facilities management provider, to assure reliable and cost-effective building and employee services solutions. This work will require engagement with all levels of corporate organization to improve the workplace experience as measured by performance metrics, customer satisfaction, and innovation efforts.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Report into Snr Manager of Facilities Maintenance, Workplace Services & Operations
- Maintain Facilities in compliance with local, county, state and federal regulations.
- Manage day to day Maintenance and Operations and ensure building uptime.
- Manage supplier relationships including vendor service contracts, periodic and ongoing performance & budget (KPIs, SLAs), Quarterly Business Reviews, financial review, conducting RFPs, and assuring performance of program.
- Design and help implement guidelines, best practices, and standards for cross-functional service teams.
- Create a welcoming and collaborative workplace through proactive management and by building outstanding relationships with all stakeholders.
- Manage, train, and motivate the Workplace Experience team, including outsources programs, to exceed expectations and deliver excellence across the suite of services within our portfolio.
- Ensure all Workplace Experience services are delivered to standard.
- Proactively address service issues, complaints/escalations, or incidents including tracking action plan to closure.
- Report out on program updates on a weekly, monthly basis to all levels of the organization.
- Develop and track program sustainability metrics as needed.
- Undertake regular vendor quality checks/audits and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop annual operating budget for each program. Identify cost-savings opportunities. Review expenses monthly and develop variance explanations.
- Perform other duties as assigned supporting the employee experience and delivery of services.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and at minimum ten years of relevant post-graduate professional experience in operations/facilities management, with a demonstrated progression to greater levels of responsibility and leadership.
- Broad knowledge in the areas of facilities management, including building MEP systems, EH&S and regulatory compliance.
- Experience in managing effective and positive relationships with outsourced suppliers.
- Experience with space utilization (moves/restacks/shared workplace).
- ‘Patients first’ mindset. Desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of sustainability and environmental management systems.
- Interest in environmental and/or social issues.
- Excellent business judgment and a practical, common-sense approach to getting things done.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with strong ability to lead internal and external resources, and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, from individual contributor to executive leadership.
- Fluent in English and German, another European language an enhancement
- Highly effective communication skills - writing and speaking skills through written proposals, meeting facilitation, oral presentations.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, team environment, taking a leadership role and dealing with ambiguity effectively.
- 100% work on site role, no option to work remotely.
- Willingness to be on call 24/7 to respond to significant facilities incidents.
- Ability to travel domestically 25% of the time, as well as internationally from time to time.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The time devoted to the activities listed may be changed and other duties may be assigned.
Intuitive ist ein Arbeitgeber, der gleiche und gerechte Beschäftigungsmöglichkeiten bietet. Wir bieten allen qualifizierten Bewerbern und Mitarbeitern gleiche Beschäftigungsmöglichkeiten, unabhängig von ethnischer Herkunft, Geschlecht, Schwangerschaft, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlechtsidentität, nationaler Herkunft, Hautfarbe, Alter, Religion, geschütztem Veteranenstatus, Behindertenstatus, genetischen Informationen oder einem anderen Status, der nach den geltenden Gesetzen auf Bundes-, Landes- oder lokaler Ebene geschützt ist, und verbieten jegliche Form von Diskriminierung und Belästigung.
Gemäß den „Fair Chance“-Gesetzen berücksichtigen wir qualifizierte Bewerber, die verhaftet wurden oder Vorstrafen haben, für offene Stellen.