Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Sr. Azure AI Platform Engineer to join our team and provide support for Azure Cognitive Services, with a focus on Generative AI. As a Sr. Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the Azure Infrastructure and services required to support Generative AI applications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, deploy, and manage Azure infrastructure components to support Generative AI applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Implement and configure Azure Cognitive Services, specifically focusing on Generative AI capabilities.
- Monitor and optimize the performance, scalability, and reliability of Azure Cognitive Services.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to Azure infrastructure and services.
- Stay up to date with the latest Azure platform updates and best practices for Generative AI.
- Collaborate with data scientists and developers to integrate Generative AI models into Azure Cognitive Services.
- Ensure security and compliance standards are met for Azure infrastructure and services.
- Work closely with Data Owners and custodians to ensure Intuitive data governance polices are met.
- 12+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Strong experience in designing, deploying, and managing Azure infrastructure and services.
- In-depth knowledge of Azure Cognitive Services, particularly Generative AI.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python.
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and frameworks.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Hands on Experience with Creating, Troubleshooting, and deploying using Terraform.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Strong networking knowledge and experience is highly desired.
- Develop / Maintain Documentation on operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Experience working with virtualization Platforms as VMWare, AWS, Nutanix is a huge plus
- Azure certifications (e.g., Azure Administrator, Azure AI Engineer) are a plus.
- Experience with AWS/GCP are a plus.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $170,400 USD - $245,200 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $144,800 USD - $208,400 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.