Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
The CoE Business Systems Manager is going to be working within logistics CoE and other CoE members to establish processes, procedures, and effect continuous improvement programs to improve current processes and bring optimizations and productivity gains. A successful Business Systems Manager will require an excellent focus on tactical and operational aspects yet have a strategic lens. Manage business changes with organizational change management. You will be approaching this role with a mindset of operational excellence, driving digital, business transformation, and providing the logistics organization key competencies. This will enable the organization to meet customer needs in areas of visibility, network optimizations and overall experience index. Ability to interact, evaluate, assess and recommend software and business system capabilities is a needed skill in this role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Business Systems Manager will be driving several cross functional and department specific initiatives.
- Develop the vision, strategy, and value proposition for CoE.
- Partner with CoE Strategy & Execution, functional managers and divisional CoE teams to identify and maximize deployment opportunities.
- Partner with other CoE’s and formulate strategy & draw plans of execution.
- Join with other cross functional people and regional SMEs/ CoE teams to identify improvement opportunities.
- Ownership of industry standard performance metrics and work with the teams to drive and implement KPIs and metrics.
- Perform evaluation, assessment of current operational processes and drive the implementation of business system tools and software platforms.
- Support Strategic Logistics projects & program and drive blueprinting and design of a globally accepted solution.
- Build and innovate business systems capabilities that enable the logistics organization to stay technologically relevant.
- Work with operations (Logistics and Warehousing) teams and help identify requirements, future roadmap, strategy and recommend solutions / technologies, best in the market, to improve the productivity of operational processes.
- Partner with Intuitive I.T. application teams to know about the technological roadmaps and help align the business roadmap with contending needs.
- Be a transformation promoter across the organization and drive them in an operational environment recommend business cases for digital processes.
- Coordinate all planning cycle requirements relating to I.T. and partner on I.T. release cycles.
- Learn the entire Intuitive supply chain landscape and examine inefficiencies across logistics and interconnected process.
- 12+ years of operational experience delivering continuous improvement projects that are valued at $100K or more. Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Master is preferable, but not a must.
- Experience managing people with a team of 3-7 at an enterprise level,
- Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement tools such as Kaizen.
- 7+ years or more years working on major I.T. business system related projects. Example ERP projects with either SAP or Oracle.
- Prior experience with being involved in and partner with I.T. (on the business end) in implementing major I.T. initiatives such as SAP / Oracle is essential.
- Expertise of business systems tools (and not limited to) such as ERP (SAP is preferred), TMS, WMS , EDI, ASN , is a must. Should be able to work with these tools in order to recommend inefficient processes.
- Proven capabilities in process improvement, process mapping, and standard operating procedure (SOP) development.
Nice to haves:
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated experience with managing I.T. business systems, defining requirements, documentation and blueprinting is required.
- Industry standard supply chain certification such as APICS is desirable.
- Any Lean training certification will be a plus.
- Knowledge of SCOR (Supply chain operations reference) is desirable.
- Sound data-backed and critical thinking abilities for data mining and recommendation making.
- Prior experience managing operation readiness as a part of OCM for new tools and software.
- Proven experience in identifying and leading cross-functional projects & programs, core teams related to training, customer experience, process maturity, continuous improvement, and operational efficiency is necessary.
- Experience in development of SOP/ Work Instructions for new and improved processes.
- Able to attend various conferences and explore industry standards for best practices for various supply chain processes to recommend improved and optimized processes.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $163,500 USD - $245,300 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $139,000 USD - $208,400 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.