Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Contract Negotiator, Digital and Data Solutions will perform a full spectrum of contracts-related activities including drafting, legal negotiation and administration of commercial contracts and preparation of tender submissions in a high-pressure environment under tight deadlines. Negotiate legal, contractual terms and conditions with customers and/or partners to ensure company, legal and procurement compliance in Intuitive’s commercial practices. Through this work, the Contract Negotiator advises the regional management on contracts and tendering-related matters to facilitate decision-making and controls legal compliance of the Sales process.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Structure contracts and create contractual solutions to ensure compliance and business success.
- Responsible for drafting, reviewing, and managing legal terms and conditions of sales and lease contracts together with Digital Agreements and Data Agreements that establish business relationships with customers and/or partners.
- Draft, review, and negotiate legal terms of training, proctoring, consulting, grant and other miscellaneous agreements with respect to Intuitive’s commercial activities.
- Prepare tender documentation and submission together with Intuitive’s bid team and Sales, negotiate terms and conditions to the extent allowed, and contribute to tender processes as required.
- Analyze contracts to ensure compliance with company policy, government regulations, revenue recognition, legal and other requirements.
- Interact and negotiate legal terms directly purchasing personnel, attorneys and other representatives of Intuitive s customers.
- Manages and coordinates processes with Intuitive’s Legal, Sales, Customer Service, Accounting, and Logistics teams on the system sales process and with Marketing, Clinical Affairs and Market Access on further contractual activities.
- Advising Sales and Intuitive’s leadership in contractual questions
- Managing contract information to facilitate revenue recognition, audits as well as capital and clinical commercial activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Law degree. Education in public procurement law and/or tender management is preferred.
- 3 years’ experience with commercial contracts.
- Data Security and Data Privacy experience with knowledge of Data agreements
- Experience in public procurement law and/or tender management is preferred.
- Strong interest towards business and commercial, financial activities, readiness to work hand-in-hand with Sales in the frontline.
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including legal drafting skills).
- Proactive and ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of standard legal terms and conditions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with NHS procurement processes is of advantage.
- Proficient in English required,
- Responsible for the UK and Ireland based in the Oxford office.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.