Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
A Systems Analyst is responsible for the detailed design and implementation of robotic control algorithms and safety systems for new surgical robots and surgical instruments. This responsibility includes integration and evaluation of fully functional prototypes including formal product testing.
This position provides analytic assistance to other engineering groups to help in the design of mechanisms, software architecture, and key component selection (processors, sensors, motors, etc.).
Systems Analysts also maintain awareness and interest in developing research and technologies related to robotics and safety critical systems and actively apply this knowledge to the system design. Responsibilities for development continue until the products are shipping to customers with the highest quality and reliability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design of new robot manipulators through analysis and characterization of prototypes.
- Facilitate mechanical, hardware, and software integration of new prototypes and new products including complete systems, manipulators, and vision.
- Provide critical analysis of robot servo control.
- Provide critical analysis and design fault-detection algorithms.
- Contribute to safety analysis and testing of physical hardware.
- Give analytical assistance for other engineering issues.
- Refine and evolve system performance as it matures from design engineering to manufacturing.
- Document and communicate intellectual property.
- Improve group workflow through tool building and robust cross-functional interactions.
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree (Master's or PhD degree preferred), with minimum five (5) years (or three (3) years for PhD) of industry experience.
- Understand and have experience implementing standard and modern servo control systems.
- Be creative and able to generate a diversity of solutions to a problem.
- Be detail oriented and able to develop and push a single solution to completion.
- Personally developed algorithms and functional control software in a released product.
- Fluent in embedded C and Matlab programming and early integration and debug.
- Excel in a high-energy, small-team environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Work independently while simultaneously balancing collaboration on project planning and communication.
- Show passion for product quality and continuous improvements.
- Possess a determination to get through challenging problems.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $164,000 USD - $236,000 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $139,400 USD - $200,600 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.