Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
This Manufacturing Engineer will own the manufacturing line for Production as well as support improvements, modifications, and further deployment of sustaining production lines of catheter products. These products support Intuitive’s new robotic platform (Ion) for minimally invasive biopsy in the peripheral lung with an initial goal of improving the early diagnosis of lung cancer.
This position requires high technical competence along with being a team player, self-starter, and possessing a can-do attitude. This position reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, document, assemble, qualify, and introduces production assembly/test/inspection fixtures and equipment.
- Strong CAD skillset with vision for electro-mechanical fixtures design and implementation.
- Provides product and process DFM (Design for Manufacturing) input to Product Development Engineering to enhance manufacturability and product cost.
- Creates an efficient manufacturing assembly line, specifying and/or refining BOMs, workflow processes and detailed MPI work instructions.
- Uses the Agile ACCS creating and modifying BOM’s, Travelers, EFTs and MPIs including ECO/NCO/MCO writing, reviewing and implementation.
- Designs and creates production equipment, fixtures and tests as needed to build the production line either internally or as needed at suppliers.
- Provides training and support to production technicians.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with medical device quality system requirements including corrective/preventive action closure, discrepant material dispositions (VR’s PL’s and EE’s).
- Provides technical support analyzing and/or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
- Leads/participates in continuous improvement initiatives focused on material cost reduction, capacity enhancement, and streamlining of supply chain.
- Must possess strong communication skills to interface with technicians, product development, planning, purchasing, regulatory, inspection, clinical marketing organizations, and suppliers.
- Supports, maintains, improves modifies and further develops the manufacturing line as needed for sustaining production, yield enhancement, and cost reduction.
- Other reasonable assigned duties.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated understanding of catheter manufacturing processes including injection molding, machining, stamping, lamination, braiding, thermal bonding, laser bonding, tipping, extrusion handling, and process capabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical assembly, testing, and inspection processes and Lean principles.
- Solid modeling/CAD experience (SolidWorks preferred).
- Strong problem-solving ability, including demonstrated ability to effectively design, execute, report on, and draw conclusions from experiments.
- Excellent communication, organization, follow-up and documentation skills.
- Comfortable interacting with technicians, engineers, and management all on a regular basis.
- Strong technical skills in prototyping, tooling development and troubleshooting.
- ISO9001 or experience in medical device manufacturing environment.
- Specific supplier manufacturing knowhow depends on the specific area assigned.
Required Education and Training
- Minimum 4 yr. degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $116,900 USD - $168,200 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $99,300 USD - $142,900 USD
Travel: 25% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.