Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical designs and manufactures highly complex surgical systems including cameras, instruments, and accessories for use in surgery. We are looking for you to manage Robotic Assisted Surgical Devices projects associated with the development of these products.
- Development of Software/Mechanical/Electrical/Optical technology-based products and design transfer to the manufacturing and service organizations.
- Experienced with all phases of the system level software development lifecycle including idea generation, concept development and testing, design, implementation, validation, and transfer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This role is accountable for driving complex product development efforts from conception to manufacturing stability.
- Ensure Design Control processes are followed per relevant procedures; FDA 21 CFR Part 820 and IEC62304 experience a plus.
- Driving a portfolio of product design projects
- Ensure Design Control processes are followed per relevant procedures.
- Facilitate and ensure that complex, high-value Business Unit projects are properly scoped, resourced, and communicated to minimize risk, deliver on-time and on-budget.
- Organize and manage phase gate review meetings.
- Creating and maintaining project schedules.
- Develop and monitor project budgets.
- Provide clear communication to the organization on project status, critical path, as well as potential areas of risk.
- Work closely with Product Development, Manufacturing, Marketing, Regulatory, and Quality organizations to ensure input and representation in the development process.
- Work closely with NPI counterparts to ensure prototypes, supplier and manufacturing activities are scheduled and tracked appropriately.
- Contributes to product prioritization steps by providing data and research from current and past projects.
- Provides feedback to team members regarding performance and requirements.
- Build informal and formal communication channels to deliver information that is accurate and up to date to all stakeholders.
- Utilize corporate approved tools and implement them to empower and unencumber team members as they work to complete projects.
- Organize and guide large numbers of distributed, cross-functional resources successfully.
- Function as the primary point-of-contact for key stakeholders across the organization
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline required.
- 12 + years of experience involved in the development and commercialization of medical devices as a project management/program manager.
- Previous experience working with software/electrical/mechanical product development is required.
- Ability to drive many people on a variety of programs.
- Requires knowledge of engineering, product strategy and business management
- Experience in examining tradeoffs between product features, customer needs/requirements, produce-ability, and cost.
- Desired project tools experience includes CA Technology - Resource Management tool, JIRA, Confluence
Nice to have:
- Experience in design transfer experience is desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive leadership on the project status.
- Willing to go the extra mile with an excellent work ethic; self-directed and resourceful with the ability to deal with conflict and drive to solution.
- Proven ability to influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment.
- Ability to handle ambiguity effectively and oversee multiple projects at once.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, set actionable goals and drive metrics and execution.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, priorities simultaneously; must work well under pressure, be flexible, and meet deadlines.
- Energetic person with a drive for results, who is accountable, has a great attitude, and is a team-player; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through.
- Certification in project management (PMP) desired
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $189,900 USD - $273,300 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $161,500 USD - $232,300 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.