Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position
The Senior Manager, Occupancy and Space Planning, Americas is responsible for leading a team of occupancy planners to effectively plan and manage our Americas properties and their occupants. The Senior Manager will focus on Strategic Master Planning, Workplace Strategy, Space Requests/Project Intake, Move Planning, Space Programming and Allocation, Spatial Data Accuracy, and Ways of Working efforts for return to work.
As a “player-coach”, the Senior Manager will work side-by-side on projects with the team, and engage with cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and develop programs, policies, and processes to be used in our global playbook. You and your team will provide insight into our global design playbook. You will be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and develop a team of planners in strategic and tactical occupancy planning, real estate optimization, and workplace design.
- Manage Project Intake for the Americas portfolio including business case development, request reporting, and communication with key stakeholders.
- Align strategic plans with ISI’s company objectives to maximize efficiency and address key adjacencies while delivering workplace design that fosters innovation and productivity.
- Refine business requirements into occupancy and space plans.
- Develop workplace strategies supporting collaboration, productivity, and company objectives.
- Lead post-COVID workplace planning in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Identify process improvements and program enhancements for existing programs.
- Periodically represent the REWS team within cross-functional teams.
- Report on and support program updates on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly, highlighting risks and opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities
OCCUPANCY & SPACE PLANNING
Measure and maximize space utilization across the Americas real estate portfolio, focusing on efficient facility utilization and optimization. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure spatial data accuracy and floorplan updates are submitted and reviewed by the occupancy planners.
- Liaise with Planning Operations & Data Team for real-time space data and KPIs.
- Review and update Space Programming and Allocation annually based on headcount projections and team ratios.
- Maintain the Americas Master Plan twice a year by regularly connecting with business units and forecasting space demand.
- Partner and coach business units to develop demand models for future space needs by using assumptions and data.
- Update the Americas Future Supply information directly related to known capital projects, new builds, and real estate strategic plans.
- Tailor, monitor, and analyze space utilization KPIs for tracking, reporting, and forecasting.
- Communicate strategies, policies, KPIs, and results with senior leadership.
- Develop occupancy scenario plans, analyze utilization data, and engage with internal customers to develop innovative solutions to space requests.
- Negotiate space among user groups to maximize real estate use while enhancing adjacencies for improved collaboration and workflow and manage Move/Seat Requests.
- Establish templates and processes to help standardize space requests.
PLANNING & CAPITAL/EXPENSE PROJECTS:
- Manage Project intake for all space projects (both capital and expense)
- Interface with customers to validate headcount projections and all programmatic space requirements.
- Lead the team to provide solutions and build efficient space programs, which will translate into architectural plans and socialize for approval.
- Partner with Project Management on design management. Review architectural plans, serve as a design liaison between architect and internal users, support with test fits, and lead move management on large capital projects.
- Support project management, strategic sourcing, and procurement teams with the selection of service providers and vendors, including architects, engineers, FF&E, and other specific consultants.
- Ensure Americas projects are planned and delivered according to our Design Standards and Guidelines. (i.e., room numbers, conference room naming, wayfinding, signage, etc.) Providing input required for architecture, interiors, furniture, transition planning, and closeout.
- Educate Architects and other partners on Global Spacing Planning Processes & Design Standards
WORKPLACE STRATEGY AND DESIGN:
- Partner with the Workplace Strategy & Design team to provide insights into workplace needs, measure workplace efficiency, effectiveness, and experience, and propose strategy changes.
- Bring insight to Intuitive on external workplace strategies and related innovations that may be appropriate for our company to consider.
- Support Americas region post-covid workplace strategy and design efforts.
- Manage relationships with our moves, adds, and changes team (MAC) and leaders.
- Support business units and planners to create aligned block plans and seat assignments before move execution.
- Effectively communicate Move plans to stakeholders and effectively transition to MAC execution team.
- Create regular reporting and tracking of Team Moves, Individual Moves, and New Hire Seat Assignments.
- Look for opportunities to streamline operations and technology to provide improvement for occupancy planners.
- 8+ years of experience with finance, occupancy planning, and real estate technology platforms
- 8+ years of progressive professional experience in the management of space utilization and occupancy planning of commercial buildings (general administration, R&D, manufacturing), experience with space planning workplace design, and related disciplines is a plus.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience as a people leader with strong organizational planning skills and resource management and team development experience
- Strong skills:
- MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, CAFM, Archibus, and dashboard reporting using Tableau or other data visualization tools.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common-sense approach to getting things done.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and decision-facilitating expertise, with a strong ability to lead internal and external resources, and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, from individual contributor to executive leadership.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment, taking a leadership role and dealing with ambiguity.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $165,600 USD - $248,400 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $140,800 USD - $211,200 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.