Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Senior Project Manager will drive robust project planning, execution in a phase-based manner, management of project resourcing, partnership across a matrixed organization, and clearly communication and reporting. These projects are websites and/or mobile apps around our products; data and education for our surgeons. You must have medical device and mobile app or website development experience. If so this is the job for you!
Sr. Project Manager
Intuitive Surgical designs and manufactures highly complex surgical systems, instruments, and accessories. The Senior Project Manager will be driving program management from Concept to Full Launch of next generation products within Intuitive’s digital portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This role is accountable for overall program management for assigned projects using appropriate project planning tools.
- Responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively as part of a fast-moving team, to deliver Programs, Projects and Products in accordance with the Intuitive Quality Management System and applicable regulations and standards.
- Drive complex hardware and software new product development efforts from conception to launch including mobile, web, infrastructure, and/or digital services applications.
- Identify cross-team dependencies early and incorporate into the program planning.
- Drive multiple parallel projects with unique cross-functional team members.
- Create and maintain the Roadmap/feature lists for the teams you work closely with, along with the respective Tech and Product leaders.
- Ensure complex, high-value projects are properly scoped, resourced, and communicated to mitigate risks and deliver on-time and on-budget.
- Contribute to prioritization and tradeoff recommendations by providing data and research.
- Organize and guide distributed, cross-functional resources successfully.
- Function as the primary point-of-contact for key leaders and stakeholders across the organization to communicate milestones, critical path activities.
- Drive core team meetings and design reviews with relevant groups, creating an effective environment for technical exchanges and decisions on both near and long-term strategies.
- Provide executive summary reports and dashboards, inclusive of achievements, upcoming milestones, schedule blockers and points of escalation.
- Ensure Design Control processes are followed per standard operating procedures.
- Build strong communication channels to deliver accurate and up-to-date information to stakeholders.
- Collaborate across multiple process areas where concentration of work is dynamic.
- Participate in periodic process maturity assessment, identifying and implementing process improvements across PMO
- Implement best practices and associated tools to enable best in class Program Planning, Project Scheduling, Resource Management, Visual Management, Design Controls, Validation Planning and Post Launch retros.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience involved in the development and commercialization of products. Minimum BS in technical field
- Applies thorough and detailed understanding of best practice engineering techniques, including effective approaches to new products or new approaches to efficiently managing Design Controls deliverables.
- Comfortable with all phases of the product or software development lifecycle including idea generation, concept development and testing, design, implementation, validation, and transfer.
- Proven ability to lead, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment.
- Medical device experience or equivalent work experience in a scientific field strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of engineering, product strategy and business management
Nice to have:
- Experience in analyzing tradeoffs between product features, customer needs/requirements, produce-ability and cost.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, set actionable goals and drive metrics and execution.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously; must work well under pressure, be flexible, and meet deadlines.
- Energetic and balanced person with a drive for results, who feels accountable, has a great attitude, and is a team-player; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through.
- Certification in project management (PMP) desired
- Proficiency in Confluence, JIRA
- Familiarity in several Agile principles - Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Routinely provide impactful and influential presentations or other knowledge-sharing activities with cross-functional audiences
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $161,800 USD - $232,800 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $137,500 USD - $197,900 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.