Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
You will manage da Vinci® Multiport stapling products across the entire product lifecycle. You will develop and conduct market and user research, make product proposals, write product requirements and lead the product through development and design stages. You will work with product marketing to ensure a successful launch and provide expertise throughout the entire product lifecycle. You will partner with the design and engineering teams along with other internal stakeholders throughout the entire product lifecycle process to ensure successful product launch and adoption.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing the Multiport stapling product roadmap and lifecycle in alignment with the multiport portfolio objectives. Develop business justification for recommendations and gain alignment across key stakeholders on project prioritization.
- Develop the business justification for new products and features by working with customers and company stakeholders. Develop business analyses, including competitive assessments, to facilitate sound data-driven decision making.
- Develop a deep understanding of the surgical treatments for applicable indications, including monitoring and consuming clinical literature, attending medical society meetings and engaging with physician key opinion leaders (KOLs).
- Use qualitative and quantitative market research methods and direct customer interviews and observations to develop insights that inform the product roadmap. Refine requirements with feedback from customers, clinical sales and clinical development engineering.
- Represent product management in the product development process, complete deliverables such as market requirements and product requirements documents and facilitate tradeoff discussions with design teams while keeping the needs of the customer and the business in mind.
- Engage with Human Factors and Interaction Design partners during the development process by establishing design requirements, prioritizing design efforts, coordinating design reviews, and documenting and communicating design decisions.
- Convey product value proposition to global marketing for global product positioning and messaging.
- Measure product success by monitoring product adoption and seeking post-launch product feedback.
- Collaboratively develop global product commercialization plans with regional marketing and commercial teams.
- Understand competitive, emerging and complementary technology and its potential impact on Intuitive’s product lines.
- Work with the product engineering and business development teams to evaluate new technologies and prioritize the new business development pipeline.
We believe you are a good fit for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required. MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum 4 or more years professional experience in product management, marketing, engineering, business development, or equivalent role
- Demonstrated interest in healthcare, hospital operations and medical devices
- Knowledge of surgical product development preferred
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, professional manner
- Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure product success and ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. This includes the ability to lead in bridging communication between engineering, design, marketing, sales, and customers.
- Presentation skills to internal & external audiences including leaders at the VP level
- Self-directed with awareness to proactively seek advice when needed
- Quantitative mindset, proven ability to investigate open-ended problems and work cross-functionally to implement initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively amidst competing priorities
- Ability to prioritize and smoothly manage multiple competing deadlines and tasks
- Strong knowledge of the MS Office product suite. Moderate experience or knowledge with Mural, Tableau, Agile, and Polarion.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Shift : Shift 1 - Day
- Travel : Yes, 25 %
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $164,000 USD - $236,000 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $139,400 USD - $200,600 USD
Travel: 25% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.