Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
As a key member of the People Services and Solutions team, the Senior Director, Global People Services will lead the continued evolution of building a high performing global shared services team. This role is responsible for driving results through excellence in execution coupled with exemplary customer service and support. Responsible for driving efficiency and service excellence by creating an effective tiered service delivery team, monitoring the performance service delivery against key performance metrics, having an eye for continuous process improvement, and ensuring a positive employee experience,
This position will oversee excellence in delivery of both global, low complexity HR shared services customer service support requests as well as our more complex HR shared services customer support requests from the Intuitive employee population. This role must be focused on continuous improvement, harmonization of policy and process documentation and global process design in partnership with other internal customer groups: People Solutions, Employee Relations & Compliance, and larger HR teams (People Systems, Centers of Expertise, HR Business Leaders).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Partner with regional People Services leaders to build a scalable shared services organization providing support around the globe.
- Assess current state shared services model and create a strategy and vision around needed organizational structure and workflow changes.
- Establish and maintain solid relationships with COE, HR, and business leaders across the organization.
- Ensure adherence to staffing models and gearing ratios for volume driven roles which requires close partnership with business leaders and finance to understand hiring patters.
- Lead a high performing People Services Team with responsibilities for both global, high volume employee lifecycle support (hire to retire, performance management, low-complexity employee relations, pre-payroll, talent acquisition and talent management).
- Ensure the People Services team has the necessary training and skills to provide the service and experience expected from a best-in-class service delivery team.
- Provide supervisors and managers clear deliverables and routinely track progress, providing on-going feedback and coaching as needed.
- Identify problem areas in service delivery and recommend solutions.
- Monitor adherence to and comply with Intuitive Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Provide inputs to enhancement of HR SLAs to better define expectations and create accountability for delivering of HR services.
- Ensure successful utilization of ServiceNow (HR HelpNow) – team must be fully trained and capable of leveraging the tool to create maximum efficiency and the best possible experience for customers.
- Partner with HR Systems and Services to build dashboards & reporting to enable monitoring and improvement of service delivery.
- Create ServiceNow (case management tool) reporting and dashboards to help manage caseloads, track cases and performance against SLAs and to provide routine reporting to HRLT and business leaders.
- Demonstrate ability to drive ongoing improvements through standardizing, automating, and consolidating processes in support of HR strategic goals.
- Partner with key stakeholders to regularly re-evaluate global processes, programs, and enterprise initiatives for achieving desired outcomes that meet our customer expectations while balancing the need for standardization, scale, and efficiency.
- Provide feedback and insight to help inform requirements for localization to ensure compliance with local labor laws and market benchmarks.
- Monitor and oversee the team’s performance, training, and development.
- Parter with Digital Experience team to design, create and implement a framework for employee self-service.
- Contribute to updates to HR Knowledge Base to enable more self-service capabilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR, or Business Administration; advanced degree in HR or Business a plus
- Minimum 15+ years of relevant experience in a similar role in a global organization, preferably in med-tech or tech industries
- 10+ years of experience in leading an HR shared service or operations team and applying service delivery framework.
- 10 + years of experience leading projects and developing standardized processes in a shard service delivery model.
- 10+ years of experience implementing and/or maintaining a centralized case management system and using case and other data to continuously diagnose and improve programs, collaborating with and influencing changes with program owners and other stakeholders.
- Experience with implementation of HRIS and Service Management tools.
- Experience with the following tools: Workday, ServiceNow and ATS systems
- Working knowledge and understanding of HR legislation/employment labor laws, regulations, principles, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to manage and motivate local and remote teams.
- Excellent collaboration skills with ability to influence across the organization.
- Analytical skills with the ability to resolve a wide variety of complex issues or problems.
- Excellent communication and people skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to pivot and work with synergized competing initiatives and indicates aligned goals.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $250,900 USD - $376,300 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $213,300 USD - $319,900 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.