Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
The Sr Analyst SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting, plays a critical role in achieving our overall objective of delivering best in class financial reporting. It is a highly visible role that frequently interacts with executive management as part of managing the financial reporting process. The SEC Reporting team manages all external reporting processes, including 10-Q’s and 10-K’s, as well as earnings releases and proxy statement filings. In addition to these responsibilities, you will also play an integral part in assisting the Investor Relations department in preparing for our quarterly earnings release and related communications.
This role offers a great opportunity to work closely with a wide range of the Company’s accounting and finance departments, including Investor Relations, Corporate Accounting, FP&A, Treasury, Tax, Stock Administration, and Legal departments. This will allow you to develop a broad and deep understanding of the Company’s business and operations that are essential for strong career development. The Company’s operations have grown significantly over the past several years and this role provides the opportunity to see various transactions.
We are looking for leaders that can take on additional responsibility as they progress in their career, and we are committed to providing an environment that fosters career growth and development. We look to hire high-quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and proactive thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, this is the role for you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the preparation of all external financial reporting, including Forms 10-K/10-Q, earnings releases, proxy statement, and other required SEC filings.
- Assist in preparation of the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, and other financial disclosure requirements with such filings.
- Coordinate the information gathering process across the organization and interact with the Company’s external auditors.
- Prepare the quarterly SEC reporting binders, which includes the supporting documents for the SEC filings.
- Review XBRL interactive data files for all Form 10-Q and 10-K filings in accordance with the SEC filing requirements.
- Research, document, record, and communicate technical accounting matters as they arise.
- Assist with the accounting and documentation for acquisitions, including performance of valuation and opening balance sheet procedures and integration of the acquiree.
- Perform global accounting for share-based compensation awards, including RSUs, stock options, and ESPP by performing the valuation of compensation granted, calculation of monthly expense, and forecasting future impact to the Company.
- Maintain the accounting for the global lease portfolio in accordance with ASC 842, including recording of quarterly journal entries, evaluation of new leases entered into, procedures around embedded leases, and assistance with migration to a new lease tool.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures related to SEC Reporting, leasing, and share-based compensation in accordance with our SOX requirements.
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing monitoring of significant new accounting pronouncements, including ongoing communication with other company organizations.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience, including a minimum of 2 years of Big Four public accounting experience. (Required)
- Sound GAAP knowledge and SOX experience as well as good background with SEC filings.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Experience in auditing or implementing SEC filing processes, including implementing processes to efficiently audit or gather appropriate supporting documentation will be viewed positively.
- Results-oriented, strong organizational skills, and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate with all levels of the organization (cross-functionally).
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and question data for reasonableness, proper accounting, and consistency.
- Seek to continuously improve current processes and procedures.
- Extended hours during peak filing times required.
- Experience with SAP and Wdesk is a plus.
- Must be willing/able to work onsite 3 days/week in Sunnyvale, CA.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $109,000 USD - $156,800 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $92,700 USD - $133,300 USD
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.