Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
The Data Platform & Analytics (DP&A) org within Intuitive has an opening for a Senior Software Engineering Manager for out Data Platform teams focusing on large-scale distributed systems to take our cloud platform to the next level. You will be technical lead in the development and expansion of our cloud platform which services 2000+ engineers across a variety of domains. This is a Senior Manager role and you will be collaborating across a variety of teams to enable and provide technical leadership.
Our engineering managers are responsible for one or multiple teams charged with mission of ensuring that engineering data is always available, simple to manage, and scales with the needs of the company. Each manager brings their own unique skill set, experiences, thought leadership and technical expertise to solve these technical challenges for Intuitive.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop a bold vision and comprehensive roadmaps which transforms our company capabilities through data
- Manage a group(s) of Senior Software Engineers focused on Data Platforms, Data Infrastructure, and MLOps
- Partner closely with a team of Data Scientists in our Product Analytics team, our DevOps team, our Data-Intensive Web Applications team, and our MLOps teams.
- Deliver broadly used Cloud Native Data Architectures, foundational data models, APIs, and tooling to support Engineering with established SLAs
- Actively coached and mentored engineers and managers in their careers
- Build and lead a world class Engineering team
- A minimum 10+ years of software development industry experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment
- Minimum BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum 4+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- Proven experience and successful track record of leading ambitious large scale projects
- Deep technical knowledge & experience with Data Platform components/design patterns:
- Event-Driven Pipelines (e.g. AWS Lambda)
- Message Queues (e.g. Kafka)
- Container Orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Stream Processing (e.g. Flink, Spark)
- Relational Databases (e.g. Postgres)
- Data Warehouses (e.g. Snowflake)
- Analytics Engineering (e.g. DBT)
- Workflow Orchestration (e.g. Airflow)
- Search Engines (e.g. Elasticsearch)
- Strong coding ability in one of the following: Python, Go, Scala
- Strong understanding of CI/CD workflows, unit testing and integration testing, and deployment patterns.
- Deep understanding of AWS resources and their limitations/gotcha’s
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Gitlab CI/CD or other CI tooling
- Experience with MLOps and GitOps tooling and design patterns
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Packer + general IaC best practices
- You enjoyed the book Designing Data-Intensive Applications by Martin Kleppman
- You’re familiar with CNCF projects and have successfully used them in the past
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $208,000 USD - $312,000 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $176,800 USD - $265,200 USD
Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.