Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position
As Director Tax Planning, you will be responsible for participating in the development and execution of Intuitive’s tax planning function with respect to its worldwide business expansion and transaction initiatives. You will report to the Head of Tax Planning.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and execute international planning strategies and initiatives, including both US and non-US tax, and local country tax planning.
- Identify tax issues and make recommendations for solutions that complement the company’s business objectives.
- Research and analyze developments in domestic and international tax law.
- Support various international transactions, including business expansion and mergers and acquisitions.
- Coordinate international planning strategies with outside counsel, tax, and accounting advisors.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, taxation, or a related field (Required); MST, JD, or LLM a plus
- Minimum 12 years of tax experience in a large public accounting firm or multi-national corporate tax department (Required)
- International tax experience with complete execution of complex projects. (Required)
- Experience with planning related to recent US tax reform (Required)
- Experience in financial reporting related to international tax matters a plus
- Experience with transfer pricing and mergers and acquisitions a plus
- Strong tax research and computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to partner with outside advisors and internal business teams to execute projects
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and complete projects on a timely basis
- Detail oriented and highly analytical. Capable of drilling down into the details and performing complex quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Team player and willingness to collaborate
- Must be willing/able to work onsite 3 days/week at our Sunnyvale, CA office
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $209,600 USD - $314,400 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $178,200 USD - $267,200 USD
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.