At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Senior IT Support Specialist is responsible for the advanced support of all Information systems hardware and software used by Engineering. They are the final escalation point for all IT owned issues in Engineering that cannot otherwise be resolved by other IT staff. They will participate as technical resources for projects and evaluations of new technologies where applicable to / for IT Operations. They are also responsible for training, mentoring, and developing team members to promote growth and technical knowledge within the department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Respond to requests for IT assistance directly from Engineering and Manufacturing, or as escalated from Tier I or II support
- Document and maintain processes, best practices, knowledge base and training materials
- Support all engineering needs including computers, printers, and other systems used exclusively for engineering
- Troubleshoot advanced OS, hardware, and software issues through to resolution
- Evaluate systemic issues and escalate to other IT organizations if required
- Manage or participate in various assigned projects as needed
- Communicate with management to provide timely reporting of issues, status, and resolutions
- Coordinate with Business Application, Network, Security, Infrastructure, Windows, and Facilities teams to facilitate issue resolution and project completion
- Ensure high availability, reliability, and optimal performance of technology systems and services
- Monitor various systems performance and provide capacity analysis/planning
- Support core services such as DHCP, DNS, WINS in an Active Directory environment
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required
- At least 5 years of experience supporting a Linux and/or Windows operating system computing environment
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems (both desktop and server)
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory services
- Experience managing infrastructure services such as DNS and DHCP
- Advanced knowledge of networking (subnets, VLANS, firewall rules, etc.)
- Experience managing Microsoft enterprise technologies such as Exchange and System Center
- Weekend and non-business hours support required as needed
- Must have strong customer service skills, organizational skills, and excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience working in a software/hardware engineering environment
- Must be able to work independently and self-directed, as well as with a team
- Should be flexible and able to complete projects outside normal daily duties as needed
- Fluency in Bulgarian and English language
- The ability to lift 25 pound equipment to a height of 3-4 feet and install it into a network rack.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.