Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of the Position
The successful candidate will conceptualize, develop, and support the mechanical design of equipment used to manufacture novel surgical robot systems, taking individual responsibility for the successful design of specific system components. The candidate will demonstrate creativity and sound engineering in the design of kinematics, robotic actuation, and sensing solutions along with the selection of engineering materials. The candidate must be able to coordinate their efforts within a team design effort and be able to report progress and milestones relative to the overall development project. They must excel in a high-energy team environment and be capable of making sound decisions when faced with the time pressures and incomplete information typical of new product development.
Essential Job Duties
- Possess wide-range of experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Ability to represent function/department at the highest levels, including executives and senior management
- Design and build in-house proprietary manufacturing equipment from concept to full solution
- Develop metrics, protocols, and test fixtures for qualifying robot system designs
- Guide projects through the design control process (design specification, design review, risk analysis, etc.)
- Determine troubleshooting, maintenance, and calibration procedures for equipment
- Improve product quality and reliability using Cpk, Gauge R&R, and similar quality tools
- Provide equipment-related technical support to on-going production operation and expansion
Required Skills and Experience
- Self-motivated, willing/able to take initiative, works well with others in a team environment
- Demonstrable 3D CAD proficiency (SolidWorks preferred)
- Diligent organizational skills and proven ability to simultaneously work on several fast-paced projects.
- Ability to integrate mechatronics components such as sensors, motors, pneumatics, and motion and vision control components
- Strong understanding of tolerance analysis and statistical methods
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Required Education and Training
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience developing manufacturing equipment
Preferred Skills and Experience
Meets at least two of the following criteria:
- Experience in an ISO 13485, ISO 9001, or medical device manufacturing environment
- Programming experience (LabVIEW Preferred)
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma principles
- Prior experience with complex device manufacturing
- Previous experience with ERP systems (preferred SAP)
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $143,500 USD - $206,500 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $122,000 USD - $175,600 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.