Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary function of position:
This exciting role sits in the Global Business Services Program Management Office (PMO), delivering effective and efficient programs and services through Program Management and Business
Improvement. This role will contribute to Intuitive’s success by delivering impact, profitable results, proactive risk management and contribution to growth. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. This candidate must also have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges.
Do you want to step into a new role that will deliver impactful change and transformation by getting the best out of people, getting the job done effectively and delivering projects on time and to on budget whilst also exceeding expectations?
Then this could be the role for you!
We are seeking an experienced Senior Portfolio Manager to lead and oversee cross-functional projects within our Global Business Services (GBS) department. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing diverse portfolios, collaborating across functional teams, and optimizing resource allocation to drive efficiency and innovation. This role is pivotal in shaping the strategic direction of GBS and ensuring the successful execution of various projects. If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for cross-functional collaboration and the ability to deliver impactful results, we invite you to apply.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Program Management Leadership: Develop, communicate, and execute the vision, strategy, and objectives for cross-functional programs & projects, ensuring alignment with the organization's goals and priorities.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including business leaders, project teams, and external partners, to facilitate successful project delivery and collaboration.
- Resource Management: Optimize resource allocation, including budget, talent, and technology, to ensure efficient project execution and alignment with the department's strategic objectives.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and challenges, proactively develop mitigation plans, and ensure successful risk management throughout project lifecycles.
- Performance Measurement: Define and implement key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate success, providing regular updates to senior management.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and knowledge sharing across different functional areas within Intuitive to drive continuous improvement and excellence.
- Budget and Financial Oversight: Manage the financial aspects of the portfolio, including budgeting, forecasting, and cost control, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Reporting and Documentation: Prepare comprehensive reports, presentations, and documentation to communicate portfolio status, progress, and outcomes to senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Change Management: Collaborate with Organizational Change Management team to ensure initiatives and transformation projects are implemented with minimal disruption and maximum efficiency.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum a Masters Degree or related equivalent work experience of 15 years required
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in program or project management (preferably within a regulated industry such as medical devices, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, or aerospace / defense) required
- Ability to define projects and their goals, estimating budgets, risks and resources required
- Strong understanding of financial and business principles, risk management, and performance measurement.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence and collaborate effectively at all organizational levels.
- Strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software.
- Relevant certifications such as PMP, PgMP, or PfMP are a plus.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $171,200 USD - $246,400 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $145,600 USD - $209,500 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.