At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute your technical manufacturing, design, and project management key knowledge and skills to a dynamic development team creating precision endoscopic instruments for minimally invasive robotic surgery.
This position will focus on developing, validating and implementing processes in order to meet manufacturing operations and product safety, reliability, and performance goals for the endoscope product line.
The senior engineer will take a technical leading role in a process engineering team and will identify and drive design improvements with sustaining design engineering and technically lead a manufacturing engineering for new product introduction and develop processes for future products.
The Senior manufacturing engineer effectively employs business processes to implement changes and guides others to employ the processes.
Individuals in this role will play a key role to introduce new process technologies for future products in the field of assembly and optics production techniques, namely assembly, soldering, welding, glueing, glass machining, automation and design of assembly.
Individuals in this role must demonstrate strong process development capabilities and support the introduction of new key process technologies with their long-term experience in process technologies, micro optics manufacturing and bonding process development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, scale, maintain, and improve efficient “mid to high volume’ manufacturing assembly processes including:
- Identify, evaluate and introduce new process innovations into the manufacturing line.
- Specify, document, qualify and implement manufacturing fixtures and equipment.
- Define and execute tests (like DOE’s, Validation) to verify processes are stable and capable to provide consistent and reliable results.
- Support design engineering to define critical design features with respect to the applicable assembly technology and optimal manufacturability.
- Determine and incorporate critical feature inspection and test checkpoints into process.
- Develop and validate robust assembly and manufacturing processes from the first prototype until the transfer to serial production.
- Identify, develop and support the implementation of potential improvements with respect to yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, and cost reduction during short, mid term and long term manufacturing engineering projects.
- Lead cross-functional teams to trouble shoot events of non-conformances in the manufacturing lines, lead the root cause analysis, introduce short term preventive and track long-term corrective actions in collaboration with operations, industrial engineering and design engineering.
- May include NPI project lead role
- Compliance with the current QMS, DOPs and SOPs and the safety regulations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- BE/BS with 8 years of experience required or ME/MS with 6 years of experience preferred or PHD with 3 years of experience,
- University degreee in Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Microsystems Engineering, Embedded systems or equivalent or a Recognised technical training occupation with 10+ professional work experience as NPI- or Manufacturing engineer Minimum 8 years process development or manufacturing engineering experience with Mid/high volume surgical products preferred.
- Enthusiastic to work at the pulse of the technological development in medical robotic surgery
- Great attitude, eager, willing/able to take initiative and responsibility, works well with others in team environment.
- Practical approach for manufacturing processes, capability to work hands-on if required
- Strong work ethic and a demonstrated desire to learn complemented with strong people skills
- Strong process-oriented thinking
- Distills complexities and meets the audience where they are; effectively tailors communications to meet the needs of varying audiences. Routinely provides impactful and influential presentations or other knowledge-sharing activities with cross functional audiences.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills in German and English
- Must be computer literate with experience using; Windows, Office, SAP
- Capability to express easy and understandable the assembly processes adapted to the needs of the assemblers and supervisors
- Key Knowledge in statistical analysis for process capability, validation, design of experiment
- Experience in ISO9001/13485, or medical device manufacturing environment preferred.
- New product introduction/development experience desireable.
- Key knowledge or relevant work experience in at least one of the following technologies: micro optics manufacturing, Ultra sonic welding, Laser Welding, Design for Manufacturing/Assembly, Gluing or Automation.
- Willingness to travel international (up to approx. 10% per year)
- Willingness to learn new SW tools, e.g. SAP, Polarion, JIRA
- Fluency in the Bulgarian and English language
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Travel: 10% of the time