Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Achieve given team performance goals for Production. The goals will include efficiency, FPY, hours accuracy, scrap, time lost accuracy, DHR accuracy, and first pass cycle count.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis with minimal guidance.
- Participate in lean initiatives and implements changes with guidance.
- Basic Knowledge of PDCA and other advanced lean tools. Implementation of visual displays, 5s, TPM, Kanban, CI, and COMMWIP with minimal guidance.
- Learn and become proficient in SAP (PL’s, VR’s, Routes, ECO implementations), Agile (know how to generate ECO’s and Deviations). Review/approve ECOs to determine impact on manufacturing, familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems, ability to run existing data reporting tools.
- Basic Knowledge of Quality system, understand expectations of the production cell for internal/external audits. Ensure compliance within your area of responsibility.
- Participates in cross functional projects, executes on assigned tasks. Coordination of tasks, delegation and prioritization with some oversight. Planning of individual contributor work tasks, basic understanding of project management tools and can create a plan for a major task implementation with direction.
- Data mine, trend, analyze, and present appropriate manufacturing metrics and escalate when appropriate. Report Quality metrics.
- Working ability to create and communicate effective goals with some mentorship. Understands and communicates low level goals to the team, working ability to communicate how those goals are driven by the corporate level goals. Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses, and with mentorship can leverage those for better team performance. Recognizes outstanding performance.
- Ability to identify conflict and suggest appropriate escalation with some mentorship. Learning to retroactively identify early indicators.
- Ability to identify leaders within the team; may need mentorship to create a development plan. Can set effective goals for individuals on the team.
- Minimal oversight required for problems or assignments of reasonable difficulty. Makes decision in an efficient manner. (e.g. Gets consensus, works through challenges. Understands the why and priority behind projects and tasks to facilitate decision making.)
- Considers risk mitigation in planning based on lessons learned or from peers. Reviews previous similar projects and activities as part of the decision making process.
- Advises peers and leads project teams, see opportunity for improvement and execute changes by allocating tasks and work activities. Prepares and provides well thought contributions to meetings. Can present information effectively to a cross-functional, management level audience.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum Bachelor's degree Manufacturing Operations (or related fields), or two-four years of either supervisory or engineering experience.
- Experience in the medical device industry is preferred, specifically in the area of high volume instrument manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, DFT, and 6 Sigma.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers to perform daily work. Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems. SAP and Agile experience preferred.
- Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong desire for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $84,100 USD - $121,000 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $71,400 USD - $102,800 USD
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.