Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Ion™ endoluminal system is Intuitive's new robotic platform for minimally invasive biopsy in the peripheral lung, with an initial goal of improving the early diagnosis of lung cancer. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in building the foundation for our cloud-based solutions, ensuring scalability, reliability, and security while enabling our robots to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand their requirements and provide solutions that align with our company's mission and objectives.
- Architect, design, and implement cloud-based applications that interface with medical robots
- Develop scalable and reliable software solutions in a cloud environment, ensuring high availability and security.
- Utilize best practices for cloud services, including serverless computing, containerization, and microservices architecture.
- Write clean, maintainable code and participate in code reviews to ensure high-quality software.
- Collaborate with the QA team to develop and maintain automated testing procedures.
- Document software designs, configurations, and code to facilitate knowledge transfer within the team.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers, fostering a culture of learning and growth.
- Minimum MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Proven experience as a backend software engineer, preferably in a cloud-based environment.
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as Go, Python, or similar.
- Expertise in designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Understanding of databases and data storage solutions (e.g., SQL, NoSQL).
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.) and related services.
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of security best practices, especially in healthcare and sensitive data environments.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a collaborative mindset.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of MedTech industry standards and regulations, such as ISO 13485 or IEC 62304, is a plus.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $176,300 USD - $253,700 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $149,900 USD - $215,700 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.