Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Commercial Learning Manager, Global Distribution reports to the Manager Commercial Learning and is responsible for providing Sales Training to Intuitive’s Global Distribution Markets. This individual will collaborate closely with the Brazil, Latin America and Global Commercial Distribution Manager(s) to create a sales training strategy and improve the knowledge and skills of the Distributor Partners.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Global Commercial Distribution Team to support the sales strategy by aligning all training programs and initiatives to the business priorities
- Assess South American and European distributor sales team's strengths and gaps pertaining to knowledge and skills; Develop programs to address competency gaps
- Collaborate with internal partners such as Direct Commercial Learning, Salesforce Effectiveness, ISI Business School, HR, Talent Development, Clinical Product Education and other cross functional partners to standardize business processes
- Collaborate with Learning & Technology Specialist to execute e-learning initiatives and maintain current training records
- Work independently and proactively seek out problems to solve and communicate remotely across multiple time zones.
- Collaborate with other commercial learning training managers to build and execute effective training programs
- Support Commercial Learning Global Distribution team in any additional trainings needed for Worldwide Global Distribution
- Sales Training
- Create curricula, agendas and training materials for all technical, clinical and sales training programs
- Manage regional and corporate new hire training programs - Distributor Clinical and System Training (DCAST)
- Effectively present and deliver ISI Clinical Sales Process and Capital Sales Process presentations and workshops to new hire trainees during DCAST programs and ongoing competency programs
- Leverage various formats and venues for training programs, such as instructor-led, self-led, distance learning/remote, video and podcast, etc. to maximize the impact of the content
- Collaborate closely with Global Marketing to ensure training aligns with messaging, value propositions and market opportunities
- Conduct routine field rides with field sales to diagnose common training needs as well as provide coaching, feedback and mentorship
- Support da Vinci procedures in a hospital operating room
- Clinical Training
- Maintain "expert" level certification of da Vinci surgical procedure lectures
- Effectively present and deliver da Vinci surgical procedure lectures to new hire trainees during DCAST programs and ongoing competency programs
- Technical Training
- Maintain "expert" level certification of da Vinci Surgical Systems and advanced instrumentation in-service training and lectures
- Effectively present and deliver da Vinci Technical Lectures to new hire trainees during DCAST programs and ongoing competency programs
- Certify distributor sales personnel on da Vinci Surgical Systems and advanced instrumentation in-service training
- Educate Distributor Sales Personnel on Best Practices for da Vinci Surgical Systems pre, intra and postoperative management
- Forecast annual program needs to meet organizational growth
- Measure sales effectiveness of training programs and develop reports and comprehensive programs analysis
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum B.S./B.A. Degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Communications, Healthcare Management
- 5+ years of Sales or Sales Management experience, preferably in medical device field
- 2+ years of Corporate Training or Training Management experience
- Experience with the da Vinci Surgical Systems preferred
- Knowledge of the operating theater preferred
- Proven ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly organized and able to operate independently
- Ability to travel 50%+
- Ability to work weekends as needed
- Fluent in English and Brazilian Portuguese languages required
- Employee to reside in Sunnyvale, CA or Atlanta, GA
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $130,600 USD - $188,000 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $117,600 USD - $169,200 USD
Travel: 50% of the time
Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.