Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Quality Management Representative for Blacksburg, VA location, responsible for product quality and compliance to quality system procedures. Manage Quality Engineering and Operations for Intuitive’ s manufacturing facility in the Blacksburg, VA location. Primary functional responsibilities include in the areas of quality engineering, preventive maintenance, calibration (PMC), product release (DHR), and Continuous Improvement to ensure adherence to company quality standards. Quality Manager is responsible for measuring and improving Blacksburg plant’s quality performance.
The Quality Manager will directly support all audit related activities both internal and external for the Blacksburg facility. Additionally, the Quality manager will interface directly with team in Sunnyvale and Mexicali for product quality, quality systems, and ongoing product and process improvements. This role will work directly with plant leadership to align on goals and objectives. The Quality Manager will lead continuous improvement activities within the Quality team.
The Quality Manager is responsible for managing the team of Quality Engineers, and Quality technicians evaluating their performance, and further help them learn and grow.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as quality representative for the Blacksburg, VA facility.
- Manage group of Quality Engineers & Technicians and support them through their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Liaison with other Quality functions representatives in other Intuitive locations and with other company functions as it applies.
- Oversees the activities to develop Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement skills along the Blacksburg Quality Organization
- Interface on a daily basis with internal customers to provide status of open issues and drive those items to closure.
- Represent the Quality function in projects of medium to high complexity, product escalations, CAPA's, External and Internal audits.
- Provide metrics and guidelines to functions to assist in trending and improving quality.
- Assure all operations performed in accordance with procedures.
- Assess issues and escalates based on criticality.
- Support New Product Introduction initiatives by assessing Quality Engineering resources needed and allocation.
- Support for deep technical failure analysis and analysis of challenging quality issues
- Facilitate interdepartmental resource allocation.
- Develop and manage departmental budget.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Education: BS in Engineering degree (master’s degree is preferred) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in the quality arena with a complex medical device product, or equivalent quality background (from school)
- Proven ability to build and manage teams and to project-manage cross-functionally.
- Strong analytic skills as proven by track record for analyzing and fixing complex problems in products and processes.
- Training or commensurate experience in the science of quality
- Proven ability to lead and motivate across functional boundaries.
- Proven ability to manage through conflicting requirements and make difficult trade-offs when resources are scarce.
- A passion for doing the vital thing, efficiently and well.
- Excellent judgment in the presence of competing priorities and incomplete data
- A strong desire to make work fun
- Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $149,400 USD - $215,000 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $127,000 USD - $182,800 USD
Travel: 25% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.