Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
You will be responsible for supporting the duplication, qualification, and sustaining of manufacturing lines that build Multi Port (MP) robotic systems in Peachtree Corners. You will perform regular analysis of factory data and use it to anticipate and solve manufacturing/quality problems, delivering improvements in yield, reliability, serviceability, manufacturability, testability, capacity and cost. Interface with cross-functional engineering teams including electrical, mechanical and software disciplines. This position is highly collaborative, and strong communication/presentation skills will provide you with high visibility amongst the engineering, production, and management teams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Duplicate, qualify and scale surgical robotic systems manufacturing lines in the new facility.
- Provide product and process Design for Manufacturability input to enhance manufacturability and servicing.
- Take ownership of products from production phase through end-of-life.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of efficient “mid-volume” manufacturing assembly line, specifying and/or refining BOMs, workflow processes and detailed work instructions.
- Provide training and support to production technicians.
- Design, qualify, document, and introduce production and service assembly/test fixtures and equipment.
- Maintain compliance with medical device quality system including corrective action closure, discrepant material dispositions, and change implementation.
- Provide technical support analyzing and/or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies, and field returns.
- Lead/participate in initiatives focused on yield improvement, material cost reduction, capacity enhancement, and outsourcing of assemblies.
- Must possess strong communication skills to interface with technicians, product development, planning, purchasing, regulatory, inspection, customer support and clinical marketing organizations.
- Manage and allocate team resources over multiple projects. Negotiate for needed resources from other teams to enable project success as needed.
- Create budget estimates for tooling, test equipment, prototype designs, and first article activities. Assist material procurement and supplier quality teams with development and maintenance of contract manufacturers for mechanical assembly.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Travel: Position may require up to 25% travel initially, primarily within U.S.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Candidate must be of high character and energy with regard for detail.
- Demonstrated Electro-mechanical and/or Process Engineering ability.
- Demonstrated ability in failure analysis and continuous improvement.
- Minimum BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- “Self-starter” attitude and comfort in a hands-on environment, where he/she can demonstrate an ability to work with other engineers to influence product design to improve reliability.
- Troubleshooting mind set - an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into subparts to identify failures and troubleshoot to component level.
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing across all levels of the organization.
- MS degree in an Engineering discipline.
- 5-7 years relevant work experience as a design or manufacturing engineer supporting product with significant mechanical content.
- Prior experience with various sensor applications and technologies, including reliability and performance assessment.
- Prior experience working in an FDA/ISO regulated environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively design experiments.
- Prior project leadership experience.
- Prior supplier quality responsibility.
- Prior responsibility for process, equipment, or product validation/verification.
- Prior experience establishing new manufacturing lines.
- Prior experience applying automated equipment, complex mechanism manufacturing, or robotics.
- Machine tool experience a plus.
- Experience with ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance.
- Experience in Just-In-Time, Demand Flow Technology, and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $116,900 USD - $168,200 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $99,300 USD - $142,900 USD
Travel: 25% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.