At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real-world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) European team at Intuitive Surgical is seeking a Senior Research Scientist to support evidence generation activities in the DACH region. The Senior Research Scientist will work as a strong business partner for Global Access Value and Economics (GAVE), Market Access and Custom Analytics (MACA) in DACH region, in supporting HEOR evidence creation for Intuitive’ s technologies. The Senior Research Scientist will design, conduct, and participate in HEOR research and scientific evidence creation activities for both post-market products and pipeline assets, and support product value, marketing, and market access strategies in overcoming evidence barriers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with DACH team to establish local HEOR evidence creation infrastructure and capabilities.
- Develop evidence generation plan to support country, business unit strategies and value propositions in the DACH region for Intuitive’ s technologies.
- Lead and/or provide inputs to HEOR scientific studies, including large scale epidemiological / real world evidence (RWE) studies, economic modelling, patient reported outcomes and product-level research.
- Implement HEOR studies from inception to completion, including preparing study protocols, statistical analysis plan (SAP), study reports, abstracts, and manuscripts.
- Present and interpret findings to cross-functional teams, including market access, hospital channel marketing, clinical affairs, market research, clinical and product marketing, and publication teams.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to translate research findings into defining product values and shaping business strategies.
- Work with regional/country GAVE and MACA teams in supporting research strategies for local value proposition in key clinical areas.
- Support engagement with global health technology assessment (HTA) agencies.
- Build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) across stakeholder landscape: Physicians, Providers, Payers, Policy makers & Professional Societies to deliver and reinforce the value messages of Intuitive products.
- Assist in development of the DACH region research centers of excellence.
- Work with HEOR vendors to provide scientific guidance, and manage contracting, budgets and project activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Fully bilingual – English and German with excellent speaking and writing skills and French speaking & writing would also be preferred.
- Master’s degree in Health Policy, Epidemiology, Outcomes Research or Health Services Research plus 5+ more years of experience in conducting RWE studies using large healthcare database
- Strong understanding of German healthcare markets in outpatient and inpatient
- Strong understanding in economic evaluations in HTA requirements and methods
- Proficient in statistical programming language R, R Markdown, R Shiny, SQL, and/or other analytical tools
- Experience in analyzing large, real-world healthcare databases
- Proven ability to write and publish for medical or scientific audiences
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong skills in data analytics and database programming, setting up the database tables for research to enable analytics and dashboard automation
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities/ multiple projects
- Strong ability to work in cross-functional matrix environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to provide instruction in ambiguity
- Ability to travel in DACH region up to 15~30% of time
Intuitive ist ein Arbeitgeber, der gleiche und gerechte Beschäftigungsmöglichkeiten bietet. Wir bieten allen qualifizierten Bewerbern und Mitarbeitern gleiche Beschäftigungsmöglichkeiten, unabhängig von ethnischer Herkunft, Geschlecht, Schwangerschaft, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlechtsidentität, nationaler Herkunft, Hautfarbe, Alter, Religion, geschütztem Veteranenstatus, Behindertenstatus, genetischen Informationen oder einem anderen Status, der nach den geltenden Gesetzen auf Bundes-, Landes- oder lokaler Ebene geschützt ist, und verbieten jegliche Form von Diskriminierung und Belästigung.
Gemäß den „Fair Chance“-Gesetzen berücksichtigen wir qualifizierte Bewerber, die verhaftet wurden oder Vorstrafen haben, für offene Stellen.
Travel: 25% of the time