Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical designs and manufactures highly complex surgical systems including cameras, instruments, and accessories for use in surgery. We are looking for a strong quality functional leader to support the projects associated with the development of next generation innovation products.
The Staff Quality Engineer supports product development from concept through commercialization and will serve as the core team member for the cross-functional product development team. Staff Quality engineer will provide expertise and guidance to the team on design control and risk management, Design for Reliability and Manufacturing, product Development Life Cycle, and Process Validation. In addition, this position will play an active role to ensure that the developed products meet quality standards consistent with Intuitive’ s quality processes, while meeting all external design control and regulatory requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Strong contributor to the planning and execution of design controls, risk management, and design verification/validation for new products
- Participate and support the development of product design history file and ensure compliance to internal processes and external standards and regulations.
- Understand user needs and assure they are translated to the design, while ensuring compliance to usability and human factors standards and regulations.
- Partner with engineering to define design inputs, design outputs, and traceability matrices.
- Contribute to the strategy and execution of risk-based design verification and validation.
- Participate and support the development of product risk management file, to analyze and assess the product risks associated with user, design, process and supplier.
- Ensure reliable and scalable Designs to transferred to manufacturing by supporting Design for Reliability and Manufacturing activities.
- Review design architectures, selections, requirements, and drawings from early design
- Collaborate with manufacturing, purchasing, test engineering, and supplier engineering to facilitate transfer of scalable designs into production.
- Assist in supplier selection, qualification, certification, and performance improvement.
- Contribute to new product development Technical Reviews and Design Reviews.
- Support Regulatory Affairs with creating submissions and responding to submission questions.
- Support internal and external audits, including preparation and direct interaction with auditors.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical or system engineering, math, or physics.
- Advanced degree preferred 10+ years of working experience in Quality Engineering or related field, minimum 3 years in medical device design environment
- Solid understanding of design control and risk management from early design and development through commercialization; Demonstrated experience with electromechanical system from concept through launch is required.
- Experience with medical standards compliance, including ISO 13485, ISO 14971 and FDA Quality System Regulations with a focus on design controls and design optimization.
- Able to navigate quality system with minimal oversight on individual projects.
- Balanced risk decision making to drive product quality, gain consensus, and work through technical challenges.
- Solves complex problem with minimal oversight.
- Able to articulate complex information to teams, including executive management.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $164,800 USD - $237,200 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $140,100 USD - $201,700 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.