Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Senior Industrial Engineer will lead efforts to improve the efficiency of physical and transactional processes throughout the organization. In this position, the Senior IE will drive step-level improvements and manage cross-functional projects of moderate to large scope across manufacturing operations. The Senior IE will mentor junior staff and be considered a technical SME. The candidate should have a strong track record of continuous improvement results, significant experience managing cross-functional projects, and executive presence.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Cross-functionally lead and ensure successful execution of Industrial Engineering projects and activities including value stream mapping, value analysis, design reviews, capacity analysis, new product development and introduction, new line or facility start-up, and facility design.
- Evaluate operations and identify Continuous improvement opportunities, utilizing data analysis and metrics to build a business case, and deliver on execution.
- Monitor operational metrics including labor hours, production efficiency, product cycle time, lead time , WIP levels, and lead cross functional teams to improve key operational metrics.
- Plan and maintain production line capacity through S&OP cycle.
- Review and analyze work cell layout, process flow, material flow, etc. Assess best practices. Recommend cost-effective solutions for improving the utilization and efficiency of personnel, equipment and/or physical space. Lead projects that will result in improved costs and/or enhanced quality.
- Successfully navigate and implement significant change, managing resistance across impacted teams and take action to reinforce the change effort.
- Perform strategic what-if analyses and communicate findings effectively to senior levels of management. This may include assessing long-range capacity forecasts from analysis to recommendations and justification for facilities, equipment, and/or manpower requirements for new or sustaining product ramp.
- Coordinate large building or multi-cell layout changes. Utilize knowledge and experience to drive optimization of physical space to meet requirements.
- Run structured technical problem-solving investigations and utilize data driven analysis to provide recommendations and solutions to achieve improvement.
- Perform duties and train in the areas of time standards, line balancing, simulation modeling, cost estimation, manpower planning, and continuous improvement.
- May design metrics, calculation methods and/or data collection and reporting systems.
- May build advanced models from the ground up.
- May maintain existing reports or dashboards as required
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum Bachelor’s in Industrial Engineering, or related discipline, and 8 years minimum experience in leading continuous improvement projects or Master’s Degree with 6 years experience
- NPI manufacturing process development / product launch experience is highly desirable
- Facility design experience with AutoCAD software required
- Simulation modeling experience (e.g. Simul8, Arena, etc) required
- Demonstrated experience in Lean implementation with Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification required
- Strong verbal communication, group presentation skills and facilitation skills required.
- Capable of defining requirements for new metrics/visualizations and capable of translating data into insights and learnings and influencing action plans.
- High level of proficiency as a project manager. (equivalent experience of a certified project manage (
- Ability to lead moderate to large cultural and behavioral change management initiatives successfully.
- Proven ability to manage many projects concurrently and in a timely fashion.
- Understands implications of change and can work within Quality Systems.
- Minimal travel required (<10%).
- Data analysis skillset (e.g. Tableau, SQL, R, etc.) preferred.
- Experience or knowledge of SAP/S4 ERP system preferred
- Experience working in medical device manufacturing and knowledge of industry regulations preferred.
- Black Belt certification with project experience preferred.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $131,000 USD - $188,600 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $111,400 USD - $160,200 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.