Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Field Service Engineer II will manage Customer Technical Relations after the point of Sale on All Intuitive Surgical Products, in an assigned territory. This position will require working independently, managing, and prioritizing technical escalations, and establishing and maintaining expectations with both the direct customer and other Intuitive surgical employees.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support all da Vinci® Surgical platforms.
- Analyze customer’s requirements to ensure effective system installation by providing Pre site Planning and Installation Coordination with the customer.
- Ability to autonomously manage and schedule both planned and unplanned appointments with Customers to ensure maximum system reliability, functionality and that Uptime Guarantees are achieved. Assess and determine follow up visits to ensure maximum system reliability.
- Use discretion and independent judgment when assessing the functionality and Repairing Intuitive Surgical products.
- Use discretion and independent judgment when assessing customer-training needs with respect to technical training in an Operating Room environment and provide both technical training and or technical support as required.
- Independently manage all administrative duties of role that includes but are not limited to: Spare Parts Inventory, Returned Material Authorizations, Calibrated Equipment, Training Documentation, Preventative Maintenance Scheduling, Service Contracts Billings, System Configurations, and data in Call Escalation database.
- Support Sales Training and Marketing events by analyzing potential issues and develop independent strategies to resolve.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- College degree in applied science or engineering preferred; or equivalent training/experience which may include extensive course work or study in the field of engineering or applied science.
- 3-7 years of experience as a Field Service Engineer required experience with medical devices preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good administrative and record keeping skills.
- Good knowledge of Operating Room protocol.
- Track record of solid customer relationships with Surgeons and Hospital staff.
- Proven ability to independently troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical systems.
- An ability to travel up to 50%, dependent upon account distribution.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Travel: 50% of the time