Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position
AET’s Electrical Engineer (Equipment) will be an integral member of Intuitive Surgical’s Automation, Equipment, and Test team. The ideal candidate will be highly capable and play a lead role in the group’s ambitions: design, develop, test, implement, qualify, and maintain advance equipment and software that support high-volume manufacturing of Intuitive’s System, Instrument and Accessory product lines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define, build, and support the control systems for custom equipment.
- Write the software to run custom automated equipment, including controller, HMI, data acquisition, Robots and networking.
- Ensure manufacturing equipment designs meet functional, safety, ergonomic, and documentation requirements to facilitate efficient production operation across Intuitive’s global operations.
- Select and lead outside contractors in the design and duplication of manufacturing equipment and transfer designs to contract manufacturers.
- Support manufacturing equipment by driving root-cause investigations and implementing solutions.
- Improve test and manufacturing equipment to achieve better coverage, yield, and throughput.
- Serve as mentor for early-career engineers in the AET team.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years of experience and a Master's degree; or equivalent experience.
- PLC software development capability (from scratch), Beckhoff and Allen Bradley preferred.
- Strong ability to create electrical schematics, system layouts, and complex system documentation that complies with NFPA 79, NFPA 70E, and Cal-OSHA safety standards.
- Experience in electronics and electro-mechanical systems design, preferably in the development, production and support of automated equipment for the assembly and test of mechanical products.
- Expertise with PC based software development including Python, C#, Matlab, LabVIEW, C/C++ and LabWindows/CVI.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management tools including Agile, SAP, Arena.
- Experience with industrial robots, Fanuc, Denso and UR preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with FDA CFR Title 21 part 820 for medical devices.
- Excellent ability to manage outside contractors.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $137,800 USD - $198,200 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $117,100 USD - $168,500 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.