Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
As Sr. Project Manager, you will be responsible for planning, leading and managing the design and construction of facilities in Germany, other European or Asian locations. This will be done in conjunction with the Real Estate & Workplace Services Global Design Team. This will also include both minor and major tenant improvement projects & occupancy planning. If you are a hands-on leader, this is a great opportunity to bring your experience to Intuitive Surgical workplace, shaping our future.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Program Management. Provide program management by establishing business objectives for the design, construction, and relocation of operations, as documented in a detailed project charter. This includes establishing the project planning process, leading the RFP process for architectural and engineering services, and other facilities-related services, and establishing schedule and budget. Manage master project controls including budget, schedule, project performance requirements and all project communications. Establish risk assessment and risk mitigation process. Manage and track the milestone completions of each respective phase.
- Design Management. Lead and manage the design process. Oversee consultants, evaluate design to program, review MEP design solutions, and manage all documentation. Outline, direct, and oversee the decision-making process. Deliver reduced occupancy costs, increased efficiency, and maximize value. Manage and coordinate project consultants and all service providers through final design, including value engineering of design and specifications. Report and manage budget status via project cost reviews at various design milestones.
- Construction Administration. Establish project constraints or assumptions. Determine critical dependencies. Establish guidelines for deliverables, change and control procedures. Coordinate construction process with contractors and trades. Lead construction meetings, provide project progress reports, and assist in permit coordination and municipal approvals with the appropriate Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ). Assist in resolving field issues in the most economical and expeditious manner possible. Recommend and oversee corrective and recovery measures. Provide payment application review. Confirm and capture potential savings within each vendor contract via final waiver and invoice transmission. Manage funds expended and monitor cost control and cash flow relative to master project budget.
- Post Construction. Upon receipt of certificate of substantial completion / occupancy, monitor correction of defects or outstanding work. Manage lien waiver process and closeouts. Secure as-built drawings, records of all statutory consents, warranties, service manuals and other information relevant to projects and future maintenance.
- Strategic thinking, analytical comparisons, and effective execution. From strategic planning, site selection, design, construction, and initial occupancy.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in architecture, civil engineering, construction management, or similar.
- Proven track record in green building certification in a major sustainability system (LEED, DGNB, or similar).
- Minimum 8+ years of direct, progressive professional experience in the management of the construction and/or renovation of commercial buildings or manufacturing sites (general administration, R&D, production) in Germany and in EU countries.
- Experience in managing projects in Asia Pacific and India will be a plus.
- Knowledge of application of local, state, federal regulations: building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, primarily in Germany. Capacity to understand and coordinate compliance in other countries.
- Knowledge and experience in AutoCAD, Revit.
- Strong skills: MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project.
- Significant experience managing Budgets for Project and Program portfolios of various sizes; from small leasehold improvement and up to 300K SqFt and $150M in total construction costs.
- Experience in certification of medical or healthcare manufacturing sites is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with strong ability to lead internal and external resources, and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, from individual contributor to executive leadership. Highly effective communication skills – writing and speaking skills in English and German at professional level. Another European language is a plus.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced international team environment, taking a leadership role and dealing with ambiguity effectively.
- Ability to travel to Construction sites in Germany, Europe or Asia up to 50% of the time.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Travel: 50% of the time