Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Multi-port Robotic System Software Test & Release group within Intuitive has an opening in Sunnyvale, CA, for a Software Engineering Intern focusing on continuous integration, build and release software and processes. The successful candidate is an individual with high energy and ownership that will find creative ways to improve the experience and productivity of teams developing and testing surgical robots. This position reports to the Multi-port Robot System Software Release Manager and requires close collaboration with Developers, Test Engineers, DevOps, and IT as well as interaction with groups across the company like Manufacturing, Clinical Development Engineering, and Human Factors Engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support new build and release initiatives, including improvements to automation in the areas of feature/bug tracking, release management, and documentation.
- Contribute to CI/CD projects and development environment automation to improve developer productivity, release cycle times, and software quality.
- Troubleshoot HW/SW issues in our robotic system integration lab and support various groups with system software needs.
University Hiring Program Eligibility Requirements:
- University Enrollment: Must be currently enrolled in and returning to an accredited degree-seeking academic program in the Fall.
- Internship Work Period: Must be available to work full-time (approximately 40 hours per week) during a 10-12 week period starting May or June. Specific start dates are shared during the recruiting process.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Current enrollment in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related degree-seeking program at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level.
- Experience in software development with Python, Java, Groovy or C/C++ required.
- Great communication and analytical skills required.
- Hands on experience with Linux required, experience with configuration tools like Ansible preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting complex systems in a software, manufacturing or systems engineering role preferred.
- Experience with tools like Git, Docker, Bazel, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, preferred.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems preferred.
- Experience working with embedded systems and electromechanical systems preferred.
- Experience working on or with medical devices preferred.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay (paid at an hourly rate), benefits, and a housing allowance. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including relevant skills and experience for this internship, degree-seeking academic program (PhD, Master’s, Bachelor’s, etc), year in school, and location. The hourly rate is prorated against the intern program salaries listed and total program compensation will be based on internship duration.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $115,200 USD - $129,600 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $97,900 USD - $110,200 USD
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.