Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The engineer in this position will play a key role on the Manufacturing Software Engineering team to enable the manufacture of new surgical robotic systems, instruments, and accessories. This engineer will develop the software and algorithms that assure products’ performance, reliability and safety. The position will require close collaboration with product development teams, systems analysts, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, manufacturing engineers, and quality engineers to build a coherent diagnostic strategy and develop software to implement that strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This role requires but is not limited to:
- Architect, design and develop software systems that control machines to streamline manufacturing process
- Builds and maintain software infrastructures that enable value extraction from the data generated
- Understand products’ operations and controls, and develop the means to ensure their integrity in volume production
- Design, document, and qualify software for use in manufacturing new surgical systems, instruments and accessories
- Follow good software development practices
- Work independently to overcome roadblocks with minimum guidance
- Take ownership of manufacturing software and work with cross-functional teams to drive projects to completion
- Support existing production software
- Mentor less experienced engineers
- Passionate about technologies and love programming
- Ability to map, design, develop, and test projects from inception to launch
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- A track record for driving, planning, executing, and delivering on projects
- Motivated to continually improve best practices
- Adaptable to dynamic requirements
- Enjoy the thrill of tackling large complex problems
- Good communication and can drive to resolution within constraints
- Excellent ability to communicate complex concepts to engineers in different functional areas
- Strong programming skill and experience (C#/Python is a plus)
- Solid understand of OOA/OOD/OOP/Design Patterns
- Resourceful problem-solver, detail oriented team player
- Foster strong sense of team with peers through solicitation of feedback and constructive contribution to review sessions
- Demonstrated technical leadership
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable, production quality systems
- Fully understand Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with data engineering, especially for industrial domain
- Experience developing robotic or electro-mechanical systems, including control systems
- Strong analytical, time management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience in medical device manufacturing or regulated engineering environment
- Familiarity with Statistical Analysis, Six Sigma, and/or Statistical Process Control are pluses
- Minimum Bachelor’s or Master’s in Engineering (Software Engineering or Computer Science preferred)
- A minimum 8+ years of software development experience (higher degree can offset years of experience)
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $176,300 USD - $253,700 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $149,900 USD - $215,700 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.