At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary function of the position:
The position is responsible for the implementation, qualification and maintenance of test and calibration systems to ensure the quality of vision systems for da Vinci robotic systems. The person will be an integral part of the process engineering team for endoscopes. From this position, multidisciplinary skills and the ability to understand and consider the entire vision stack from image sensor to image visualization are expected.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Development and continuous improvement of manufacturing, test and calibration systems for endoscopes and assemblies.
- Work closely with product and process developers for new products and test software to understand requirements and develop robust, reliable and reproducible test and calibration equipment
- Develop and improve the efficiency of manufacturing, testing and calibration processes, including:
- Designing, specifying, prototyping, documenting, procuring, qualifying, implementing and improving equipment and its components for manufacturing, testing and calibration
- Documentation with preparation of specifications, validation protocols, assembly instructions, preventive maintenance and calibration (PMC), instructions for manufacturing processes (MPIs)
- Support of product development with regard to Design for Manufacturability and Design for Reliability, especially with regard to automated production
- Compliance with applicable QMS, DOPs and SOPs as well as security regulations.
- Introduction of continuous improvement of processes and content.
- As part of the project team, the planning, coordination, execution and documentation of tests are part of your daily tasks.
- Takeover of the implementation, commissioning, start-up support and acceptance of the machines and systems
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Typically requires at least 5 years of relevant work experience with a bachelor's degree; or 3 years of experience and a master's degree; or a doctorate without experience; or comparable professional experience.
- Experience in ISO 9001, medical device manufacturing or another regulated field
- 3D CAD experience (preferably Solid Works) and experience with mechanical systems
- Excellent knowledge in the fields of mechanics, control engineering, electronics, digital technology, computer science, programming and control technology.
- Good knowledge of automation/motorization of new/existing plants/devices and their commissioning. As well as passion for current technologies the transformation to Industry 4.0 / automation
- Proven experience in projects for the automation/motorization of new/existing plants/devices and their commissioning
- Good knowledge of e.g. sample, prototype and pilot series production as well as component and system tests
- Ability to coordinate development content with external development partners and suppliers as well as coordination with various departments within the framework of interdisciplinary development projects
- Competencies in the field of specification hardware/software and/or systems engineering
- High level of commitment, initiative, innovative, creative, strong ability to work in a team and high problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills to build internal/external relationships
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with the development of precision test equipment in optics / laser preferred.
- Excellent command of German and English, both spoken and written
- Willingness to undertake occasional international and national business trips (approx. 10%)
- Willingness to work in a room with a controlled environment (i.e. a clean room); this includes wearing cleanroom gowns, head caps, booties as well as compliance with other cleanroom standards such as no jewelry or make-up
Intuitive ist ein Arbeitgeber, der gleiche und gerechte Beschäftigungsmöglichkeiten bietet. Wir bieten allen qualifizierten Bewerbern und Mitarbeitern gleiche Beschäftigungsmöglichkeiten, unabhängig von ethnischer Herkunft, Geschlecht, Schwangerschaft, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlechtsidentität, nationaler Herkunft, Hautfarbe, Alter, Religion, geschütztem Veteranenstatus, Behindertenstatus, genetischen Informationen oder einem anderen Status, der nach den geltenden Gesetzen auf Bundes-, Landes- oder lokaler Ebene geschützt ist, und verbieten jegliche Form von Diskriminierung und Belästigung.
Gemäß den „Fair Chance“-Gesetzen berücksichtigen wir qualifizierte Bewerber, die verhaftet wurden oder Vorstrafen haben, für offene Stellen.
Travel: 10% of the time