Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
As a member of the customer training leadership team, this individual will take a strong leadership role in developing and supporting Intuitive System technology training programs. The Manager will be actively involved in the continuous improvement of all customer training programs, will coach and develop a team of Training Specialists and will work with Manager of Operations and the Director to support Training Center operations and deliver results. Additionally this individual will work closely with the program management team, sales, marketing and the Clinical and Product Education Group to deliver high quality training results.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Building and supporting training programs at designated training centers to educate and support physicians’ development of Intuitive system technology skills
- Measuring training effectiveness and implementing enhancements as necessary
- Collaborating with Operations Manager to manage training center logistics, calendar and requests for programs
- Hiring, developing and training members of the customer training team to support the ever-growing needs of the company
- Developing sustained competency within the Training Specialists in the following areas: Intuitive System Technology Intuitive System applications Training Pathway process Training/coaching techniques and methodologies
- Working with other members of training, marketing & sales leadership to ensure proper allocation of training support for specialized programs and events
- Collaborating with sales leadership to promote strategic and thoughtful utilization of training capacity
- Managing current programs to promote skills for OR Staff and measure effectiveness of said programs
- Exploring, piloting and developing innovative training programs for improving OR Staff efficiency and proficiency
- Effectively managing DOD training centers to optimize effective targeting, training and utilization Developing new training material as needed
- Approving training requests in SFDC
- Working closely with the Operations Manager to optimize excellence for protocol development and delivery
- Working closely with Operations Manager to create impactful onboarding plans for new trainers to effectively track benchmarks and progress
- Effectively coaching new trainers to effectively deliver training content
- Reviewing trainers on a consistent basis to ensure training material is delivered in an effective manner and in accordance with SOP’s
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum 5+ years of Training / Professional Education experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of personnel management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with customers
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop others
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage training projects and initiatives with measurable outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work cross departmentally as well as with external parties to achieve training goals
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, medical disease states, surgical applications and operating room environment
- Experience with project management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel extensively and work around flexible schedule
- Education and Training Requirements
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Clinical or Health Sciences, Healthcare Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Communications or Education
- It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Travel: 75% of the time