Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The right candidate is passionate about improving people’s lives through design. He / she is proactive, creative, engaged, optimistic, progressive, open-minded, and resourceful and he / she seeks inspiration, empowerment, and challenge. He / she is a self-starter with a mature attitude toward design feedback. He / she must be self-driven, and exceptional at collaboration. The right candidate is an extremely detail oriented, passionate designer with elevated design sensibilities
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participate in projects from design intent through delivery
- Comprehend, interpret, and execute iterative design on feedback from cross-functional partners and design teams
- Collaborate with industrial design, visual design, and graphic design teams
- Partner with cross functional teams including: mechanical engineering, product management, brand, packaging engineering, and external vendors
- Create compelling presentations / design stories that clearly communicate design intent to designers, cross-functional partners, and leadership
- Sketch and ideate; visualize concepts using industry standard tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Distill technical and ergonomic requirements and develop a range of solutions that synthesize usability, utility, manufacturability, and desirability
- Contribute to top quality work in a fast-paced, open team environment
- Work on multiple projects in varying levels of development
- Work on projects that may change scope or parameters and still meet deadlines
- Participate in user research, usability testing, and clinical research labs
University Hiring Program Eligibility Requirements:
- University Enrollment: Must be currently enrolled in and returning to an accredited degree-seeking academic program in the Fall.
- Internship Work Period: Must be available to work full-time (approximately 40 hours per week) during a 10-12 week period starting May or June. Specific start dates are shared during the recruiting process.
The Ideal Intern Candidate
- Has a passion for designing meaningful, revolutionary products that make an impact on people’s lives
- Is curious about user behaviors and has an eagerness to learn in the field and in a lab environment
- Is excited to work on difficult problems with a dedicated team of high-energy, high-caliber people
- Has a natural aptitude for teamwork, thriving on brainstorming and presenting
- Has a high capacity for technical problem solving and execution work
- Is reliable and dedicated to achieving the highest quality design output
- Is a highly creative problem solver
- Seeks out information as needed
- Takes a bias toward action and an eagerness to support the team and the project
- Employs healthy organization and communication habits making you a responsive and exemplary team player
- Has a good aesthetic sensibility and artistic skill
- Has an incurable curiosity relating to all things design
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Current enrollment in a Graphic Design, Product Design, or degree-seeking program at the Bachelor’s level.
- A compelling portfolio that demonstrates understanding of scale, proportion, color, form, typography, brand, presentation; include examples of projects and process
- Excellent storytelling and presentation skills and an ability to effectively communicate a user-centered point of view
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software, to quickly create concepts and photo-realistic comps
- Experience with 3D modeling software, (for viewing parts and assemblies), preferred but not required
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay (paid at an hourly rate), benefits, and a housing allowance. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including relevant skills and experience for this internship, degree-seeking academic program (PhD, Master’s, Bachelor’s, etc), year in school, and location. The hourly rate is prorated against the intern program salaries listed and total program compensation will be based on internship duration.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $50,300 USD - $75,500 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $42,800 USD - $64,200 USD
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.